Digitone External Input volume not changing with pattern

Hi! Weird problem I discovered on the Digitone:

When sending program change from the Digitakt to the Digitone, the external input volume does not change even though in the two different patterns they are set to different values. The number value below the meter changes to indicate the pre-saved volume but the actual volume does not. Only when I turn the ext. input volume knob does the volume “jump” to the pre-saved volume with an audible sudden increase/decrease in loudness depending on the value from the previous pattern.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

There’s a setting to enable global values or per pattern, to avoid having to set input parameters for all patterns. Check your settings

3 Likes

Are there any other DN audio tracks playing or are they all muted/blank ?

Yeah, the external mixer has most likely been selected as a global effect

1 Like

I believe this might be it. The external mixer is not checked as a global effect. What I believe to be the fix is to enable at least one DT track to play which resets the volume. When all tracks are muted, the ext. input volume remains unchanged. Something to do with the amp envelopes maybe?

I guess it has been designed so that for instance you can still hear the “master/FX/input” part as the delay, or reverb with parameters from the pattern that triggered that effect while the newly active pattern does not play yet. But that’s not really convenient in your case.