Digitone (DN+DT) only music

I love what the DN is capable of percussion-wise. It’s very easy to make punchy/useful/interesting sounds. I actually think the DN is my favorite drum machine made by Elektron. The second filter/eq is extremely useful, and I’m a huge fan of chorus on hi-hats & metallic sounds of all sorts. The overdrive is quite effective for adding punch.

5 Likes

I agree! I always liked simpler FM percussion (even from things like the OPL2 Edlib, Vibrants music, etc.) but this thing can get right into 909 territory, but is so much more adjustable than an X0X. Really having fun with it. I’d like to create a full kit sometime soon.

1 Like

Amazing! Have you come across any LPG percussive elements in your travels? You are a Buchla guy right?

Maybe post some woody/bongo-y samples from the Digitone for us? :blush:

Thanks!

I actually haven’t tried anything like that yet. I’ll put that on the to-do list. :slight_smile: The other thing I wanted to do was some chip-tune type of thing.

Sweet! Good idea! :grin:

Mine arrived this afternoon, had time to knock out this first jam, DN only, a touch of compression and limiting. Minor edits for length.

22 Likes

Here’s one from last night. I started working on attempting to emulate low pass gate type sounds (tweaking low pass responses against amplitude responses). Tried to get a bit of that plucky sort of sound. I think I got pretty close, but not quite spot-on. The LPGs that I designed seem to have just a touch different curve on the ring at the end, and maybe a touch more high end at the beginning of the ping. Oh well, close enough I suppose. :smiley:

Anyway, this one’s Digitone + Digitakt + Lemon John.

14 Likes

totally great !
a LPG sucker myself, hehe

i used to patch my Modcan VCDO/FMVDO thru my LPGs.
Your sound is really very much in that same vein to my ears.
That touch more high end in the attack phase is perfect. Same as you have with the Natural Gate

i finally managed it to order a DN at another place which should ship next week.
now i´m even much more eager to get my hands on the DN.
i will now tap my foot eagerly the whole week, damn :wink:

but: what is Lemon John ? thats the voice i suppose

Thanks!!

It took a couple weeks to get mine. I did a lot of foot tapping :slight_smile:

Lemon John is a character from the cartoon Adventure Time. (Great show…) watch it with my kids frequently.

Ah, Modcan! Used to have a small set of B modules years ago. The VCDO was great!

1 Like

oh right up my alley pure 90s techno ace!

This is way nice… hard to believe the drums are all from the DN. The Blofeld sounds great.

Sounds great; thanks for doing this! :grin:

The music is not my ‘type’ but I’ve found the clip very cool! Is that you?

Hey Elektronauts,
Only DN+DT… accepted…

on Youtube

11 Likes

Very cool video.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Anyone else staring at her ass for longer than is acceptable? :smile:

Just me then…

6 Likes

Man, I am loving this combo!

11 Likes

It helped me immerse myself in the beat (as I’d like to immerse myself in something else.)

Just messing around some more

5 Likes