Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

So far still good for me at least. I have the DN on 1:2 scale with a 16 step seq and the OT midi track 1:1 scale, 9 steps set with 3 trigs, and parameter locks.

By track length i meant odd number of steps, like 14/16. Not just playing with scale multiplier.

Yes yes 9/16 then 5/16 just to see if having a shorter pattern length would cause it to freak out.

Thanks for testing. I tried to replicate in a new pattern and could not.
I must have very weird settings on the problematic pattern cause it’s consistently freezing the DN and all devices down the chain as well.
Also i’m struggling a ton with the MIDI PC change from OT to DN so I start to think something in my MIDI configuration must f**ked up. I’m troubleshooting stuff since like 9 hours now, i should go rest :wink:

And with just the DN and Octatrack connected?

Do we have an eta on a patch yet?

I still have the same issues with these two devices only.

some time next week would be my guess, about par for the course - no official word though !

1 Like

Ok, so this CC120/123 is not related to your issue. Elimination is key in these of things so:

the only way unfortunately is to systematically figure out what is specific to this pattern what caused the freeze…

Let me take back that one as well. I noticed that it happens also just letting the thing being played without tweaking. I thought tweaking was causing the thing but it’s only because it doesn’t happen at the same moment, can be one bar or 8 or whatever before it freezes.

Yeah you’re probably running into this bug.

Haven’t been near my digitone in a while so I haven’t checked out 1.32 for myself yet, but since @Kaffekopp is also reporting it’s still there it seems that they have either forgotten about it or haven’t gotten around to it yet. I also don’t see it in the change log. Elektron has confirmed it to be a bug quite a few months ago.

There was another pretty nasty bug in 1.31 that Elektron confirmed, that I also don’t see in the change log. I won’t be near my DN next couple of days so perhaps someone could confirm it’s still there? It’s really easy to reproduce:

Bug: In the LOAD PROJECT menu, performing any of the copy/clear/past operation through the [FUNC] + [REC]/[PLAY]/[STOP], performs it on the project placed 1 position above the cursor instead of at the cursor position.

This is not the case in the SAVE PROJECT AS menu or the MANAGE PROJECTS menu. Luckily the popup confirmation dialog window displays the name of the project that you perform the operation on and not the project-name corresponding to the project that is at the cursor position. Still nasty and if it’s still there, it’s obvious low hanging fruit ^*^

1 Like

Yes, this is still a bug in 1.32.

2 Likes

Thx :pray:t2: will send them a reminder ticket about both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s too much new odd behavior that didn’t exist before in this new update as it pertains to voices being unpredictable in ways that used to be air tight when it came to repeating the intended tone and timbre.

I don’t understand why so much has changed in this regard when it seems a majority of the changes in this update were UI-based with the exception of the filter’s delay.

This is why I don’t like ‘updates’ in general…they tend to just introduce new bugs or break once-working elements of the software/hardware. Did anyone in Elektron even test this release? Did an early beta of this update accidentally get labeled as the release candidate and there’s actually a stable and working one that exists misplaced in the wrong folder on one of the software engineer’s hard drives? I refuse to believe this update went out the door in this state on purpose.

1 Like

reported at the top of the thread by a few others, i believe this has been addressed for the next update patch

3 Likes

I confirm that I also see this issue of lagging knobs no matter the page I’m on and not only the D one but all of them. makes it almost impossible to tweak parameters live.

I remember Ess saying that program change is problematic since it has to come in advance (IIRC). I guess it comes too late then although it must be nearly instant. But actually it could come in advance in connection with pattern switching (FUNC+PTN key) since you are switching or cuing up a pattern before it’s actually happening. So the PC could be send a little before.

Well, in theory I would agree … except it works with no CH.Len set.
The problem occurs only if you define one.

The support literally told me it was a known bug and was one of the highest priority (well, I have the feeling they say this to most of the problems though). Let’s see if they actually do something about it, but it seems to be a recurring problem for years now.

1 Like

Quick follow up regarding the bug i mentioned earlier with Midi freezing the DN.

Elektron support confirms they can reproduce the bug so it’s another on the list :wink:

3 Likes

If there’s no CH.Len set wouldn’t it make it easier to insta-change by design? No loop to sync up.

That’s good at least, how did they define the problem?