Digitone / Digitone Keys: bug reports

All of these “per pattern stored” fx settings loose the “restore from pattern” and copy from/to functionality when setting it to global.

Something to be aware of when setting fx to global.

3 Likes

That’s strange. Are you sure? On 1.32A here and it works on the other Master pages (Ext-In Mixer) but not the Internal Mixer page, ie the one containing the Overdrive setting.

On a related note, I’ve always found it odd that reverting a track on the DN and DT using TRK+NO doesn’t revert the track level. I get the logic but I disagree! : )

Now I’m not sure anymore which pages I tried and which page I thought you mentioned in your original post :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll try specifically the internal mixer page tomorrow.

So here is the deal with both the DT+DN:

• With global FX enabled, [FUNC]+[Parameter Page]+[No] won’t reload the selected paramtere page from the saved pattern. On the DT nothing is happening, on the DN, it does show a message Reload Page [Page], but nothing is actually happening.

• With FX per pattern, [FUNC]+[Parameter Page]+[No] will reload the current parameters to the values of the saved pattern.

• On both devices, the Internal Mixer Page won’t reload the parameters with [FUNC]+[Master]+[No], either with the effects/mixer global or not. Both devices are not showing a message here when you press [FUNC]+[Master]+[No].

I’m not sure the latter is a bug of 1.32 or that it always has been like this. Would be nice if reload here would work though on both the DN and DT.

When pressing [FUNC]+[Parameter Page]+[No] on the DN when global fx are enabled and that it shows a message that the parameters are reloaded could be considered as a minor bug in 1.32A.

Holy crap, i’m gonna go mad with the hiss bug.

Continuing the discussion from Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports:

Seems like i’m not alone but i am also tempted by thinking this could be a hardware issue. There’s no way i’m using this device more than 30min without a bug. I bought it new in January and I barely could spend some time with it since it is always bugging.

Does anyone know what a continuous noise and a freeze could mean on a hardware level? No way to restart straight the device as the high capacitors need to unload. Could it be that the CPU can’t handle tweaking voice allocation (layer knob) + an arpegiator going on?

If it is software wise, 90% of users would go mad as well…

probably somebody mentioned here already: the sluggish reaction when in overbridge mode bug still exists - Digitone UI sluggish in Overbridge mode - #26 by striata

3 Likes

Opened a ticket last night to report LCD display does not go to sleep mode as well as encoder (D in my case) seems “unstable”. On the LFO1 page, destination sub-screen pops up randomly.
I am on 1.32A
Any info on this?

Last update is 1.32A, you might want to try this one and see if you still have some problem.

Typo from my end sorry, I am on 1.32A
Edit: typo fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A factory reset has solved this issue.
Thank you @Patrik :pray:

3 Likes

not sure if it’s a bug or my digitone itself, but since the update i noticed that editing the micro timing is sometimes a little “washy” and sluggish… for example when pressing forward twice it sometimes just makes one step forward… or pressing it twice it makes two steps forward and one back…

it’s a minor thing but maybe still worth mentioning…?

1 Like

Does it feel the same while the sequencer is running or stopped?
Have you dropped a ticket to Elektron support?

thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:
well, i just have tried it and now it was working like a charm both ways (stopped and running).

as i mentioned, it’s a rather minor thing and isn’t happening every single time i’m on the digitone… just something i noticed and because this is not really bugging me out, i haven’t dropped a ticket yet. should i?

just wanted to check if anyone has made similiar experience since the OS update. :slight_smile:

EDIT: i have just seen there is 1.32A :roll_eyes: seems like i’m literally not as uptodate as i should be… should have tried that first before mentioning like this… sorry for the inconvenience

2 Likes

oh damn did you backup everything? whats the best way to do it? I am scared now after my first crash (caused by rare but known MIDI bug)

Did not back up anything and everything went fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have encountered a bug where first out of eight voices is consistently louder than the others.
During patch design i noticed that every 8th press was louder. I investigated and in the voice management menu saw that it only happens on the first voice. When i locked first voice to a different track, volume variation was gone. When i brought it back, volume variation came back.

I havent created a ticket because i couldnt replicate it after a reboot. I dont think it happened to me since. So im curious, have anyone had that before?

P.S. i did not had any LFO active at that time. And i also tried listening through different devices in case of rogue resonance. :thinking:

I just noticed one strange behaviour with my Digitone.
On the INTERNAL MIXER page, encoder C responds very badly to small increments when I try to rise the volume of Track 1. It only responds when I turn the knob in a bigger increment, but with small turns it does nothing. When lowering the volume, the encoder C response is perfectly fine.

In other pages encoder C works just perfect, and in TEST MODE it also perfoms great, moving the vertical line perfectly with both small and big turns. Having this issue only on the Internal Mixer page, it seems to be a firmware bug and not a fawlty encoder.

Anyone else have this behaviour in encoder C into the internal mixer page?

Update the firmware to the latest version.
This issue is already fixed.

4 Likes

Holy sh*t! I thought I had the latest firmware, but I hadn’t. Just saw there is an A version with bug fixes. Thanks!

2 Likes

I notice this as well, just few days I bought it. Went back to the store and tried on other digitone appeared to be the case. I wonder if it isa mechanical issue if others have problem on other knobs. My problem is with knob c trace 1.

• Mixer page - Trk1 level slow increment issue as mentioned above: slowly turning the encoder doesn’t change the value.