Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports

This is on empty sequence

what about in a new project, is the issue still there, that would probably point to some errant hardware thing - it sure looks strange ! presumably you’ve already ran it past support

the test mode will show if the hardware is displaying all teh coloured leds consistently, it can toggle between all teh colour permutations to test the LEDs, worth a try although teh colours accuracy may be good it may reveal some issues - like why they are on - the test mode may indeed reveal an error to quote to support

1 Like

Synpthoms:

• Its like it locks the machine in shift mode all after pushing PLAY and therefore i cant stop a sequence running or use the REC PLAY STOP buttons.
  • It wont change pattern in this state.
  • Only way i found to get out of it is to SHIFT + PAGE, then i can stop the sequencer. But pressing play its all over again.

No MIDI or USB connected.

Maybe i should reinstall the firmware, but i dont want to loose my project. And theres no way to back up the machine right?

The machine is unusable in this state. Had a Digitone before with no bugs, the latest firmware seem to have stirred thing up for the worse?

Edit: It might be a PTN button thats behaving really weird.

Overbridge has its own midi implementation read the overbridge manual. I Believe for instance, channel 16 is mapped to pattern selection. Send a note message to the ob vst on channel 16 and it cues up that pattern after the current patterns change length.

Experiencing frequent dropouts:
DN 1.30A via OB is used as sound card in Ableton 10.1.30 (Mac 10.15.2) and it goes silent.
Checking unchecking
settings / system / usb config / overbridge
solves the problem but not for long.

POST UPDATE: updated to OB 2.0.44.3 and reinstalled 1.30A no changes DN behaves the same way.

1 Like

I have the same problem, usb audio goes silent after few minutes.
DN 1.30A, Mac OS 10.12.6

1 Like

A reinstall shouldn’t cause you to lose your project. And you can backup your projects and sound banks via the sysex menu on the Digitone.

1 Like

„ In LIVE RECORDING MODE, adding long sustained notes on top of previously entered trigs did not work correctly.“

Is this working for you? Not here… still deleting the old trigs

I dont think this ever worked?

Greetings everyone!

I am new here and also fresh of DIGITONE KEYS, While programming a sound I noticed weird behaviour in the velocity MOD when selecting the parameter to automate, turning the knobs would result in sudden jumps in the menu and sometimes close itself off or selecting a parameter by itself. I have no idea if is a new OS problem since it is the only one I got since I updated the DT right after unboxing. Thank you and best wishes everyone :slight_smile:

When applying a trigless trig (func+trig) on a midi track on DN : the trig is automatically created with the parameter-lock on “lfo trig = no” (which is by design) => but we cannot see it : it looks like there is no parameter lock on it but there is.
On DT the behavior is correct.

You may be pressing the encoder down while you’re turning. This jumps to values more quickly.

I will check on that, thanks. I was not under the impression it was something I was doing, it felt very slow and suddenly very fast and even jumping 3 or 4 lfo settings up or down randomly, problem went away when off usb

Turning on Portamento for synth tracks through the encoder H sometimes results in the state ERR before it turns into OFF. Any ideas?

midi tracks - cc select (amp page)

When setting up cc numbers at the Digitone, every change/step results in an immediate transmission of the corresponding value via midi. I wanna give an example for that:

• Digitones midi track 1 is controlling a Waldorf Rocket.
  • CC Value (filter page) VAL1 is set to 64 and activated.
  • CC Select (amp page) SEL1 currently is CC#1 and shall be changed to CC#80.
  • While turning the encoder, midi CC value 64 is sent to the Rocket 79 times until CC#80 has been reached.
  • So every parameter Rocket responds to on the turn from CC#1 to CC#80 on the Digitone is now set to midi CC value 64.
  • The intention was to only select a different CC# for SEL1 on the Digitone, not to send any midi signals to external gear.

I don’t think this is a feature, but a bug. Digitakt, by the way, doesn’t behave like this and keeps, as one would expect, quiet while CC# being selected.

Yeah, I agree. It’s really annoying when you’re browsing the list of MIDI CCs and so changing your sound by accident. The CC should only be used after you confirmed its selection with [Yes] or pressing the encoder down.

The four encoder values for the mod wheel can’t be reset to 0 by pressing the encoder together with [No], too bad. They also jump only between -128 and 127 when turning and pressing them at the same time. Setting a desired value such as 0 requires a lot of turning then. :frowning:

Fn + Turn gets you a snap point at 0 per destination as does Fn + Clear which clears all 8 settings

I doubt these are considered bugs, the acceleration whilst pushing is disappointing to put it mildly, typically those gestures give you steps of 8 or so to get you places faster

Please Elektron, I really need you to fix the Digitone clicks, they are very annoying and they happen because of many reasons.

One of the best things of the DN is the voice stealing and I like to mix the internal secuencers with notes that come from other place, but the clicks make it very hard to use in the studio…

I noticed many clicks too when using the delay for some reason. Is this a common issue?