Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.30A : bug reports

Yeah, I agree. It’s really annoying when you’re browsing the list of MIDI CCs and so changing your sound by accident. The CC should only be used after you confirmed its selection with [Yes] or pressing the encoder down.

The four encoder values for the mod wheel can’t be reset to 0 by pressing the encoder together with [No], too bad. They also jump only between -128 and 127 when turning and pressing them at the same time. Setting a desired value such as 0 requires a lot of turning then. :frowning:

Fn + Turn gets you a snap point at 0 per destination as does Fn + Clear which clears all 8 settings

I doubt these are considered bugs, the acceleration whilst pushing is disappointing to put it mildly, typically those gestures give you steps of 8 or so to get you places faster

Please Elektron, I really need you to fix the Digitone clicks, they are very annoying and they happen because of many reasons.

One of the best things of the DN is the voice stealing and I like to mix the internal secuencers with notes that come from other place, but the clicks make it very hard to use in the studio…

I noticed many clicks too when using the delay for some reason. Is this a common issue?

maybe, but bugs aren’t one of them … there are ‘feature’ request threads and a thorough walk through of the mechanics and expectedness of this clicking here - it has been mitigated over the firmware release cycle, but it certainly won’t be reviewed as a bug or unexpected - info here(below) and in other threads where the post would probably have been better suited tbf - check out the informative posts from the Elektron folk …

I do agree that there are many logical reasons for clicking to occur, I did however recently found something that I think might actually be a bug, not 100% sure of course, I included a repro in the thread dedicated on this topic here: Why is the Digitone clicking? - #220 by Wartaler and also sent Elektron a report on it.
Cheers,
Albert

1 Like

Yes, maybe not really a bug but I suppose it can be solved with some update.

I often take a look into he Digitone clicking threads, check the envelopes and that reset parameter, as well as voice reuse and lock, but sometimes is unavoidable without changing too much the sound and groove.

1 Like

It seems to be clicking when one of the engines is stealing voices from another engine. Is this correct? When one note cuts off another note, from another engine, it creates a cllicking noise, because the wave abruptly stops without ending at zero crossing point.

You can dive in and program these clicks out of the engines. By messing about with voice settings, note length etc…

So I don’t think this a bug. Rather a less desired design choice. I’m not sure what the peoples at Elektron could possibly do to remedy this. The unit has a limitation of 8 voices, there’s not much they can do about this

1 Like

Noticed on the master channel, reload pattern reloads on the GUI but the audio signal stays the same until the relevant parameter is called by the GUI.

Pattern reload doesn’t work when in arpeggiator setting menu. Don’t know if it is a bug, but I can’t think of a reason why it shouldn’t work

1 Like

Damn!!!

So when I use the arpeggiator and turn range up to six, it makes an awful crunching sound whenever it gets to that 6th step, then powers down and won’t turn on again for a while! It was horrible!!

So then to check it wasn’t a one off I did it again, same thing happened! Had it nearly 2 years and never had a single issue.

I swear the moments where it is powered down are the most stressful of eternities!

I’d experiment more to see if its a certain combination of settings that does this but it’s so traumatic. All I know is unison is turned on, other than that I swear I had the range up to 6 plenty of times.

I’ve been on my own and working from home ever since covid hit UK in march and the digitone is my best friend!

I mean I think he’s ok now, I just hate seeing him like that. :frowning:

Try turning amp envelope reset off and phase reset off for all operators. This works very well for monophonic voices.

In this update there was introduced a very noticeable delay to the UI when holding a trig to see its info/p-locks, which was not there before. I have also often found that (when holding a trig) the p-locks on trigs do not show up until you change a parameter so that is a bug.
I really hope it will be possible to fix this and remove that delay.

1 Like

Possible bug: when editing parameter on the track sound the changes temporarily affect the same parameter on sound locked trigs while they’re being played but they return to the previous state on the next trig.
Seems like an undesirable behaviour to me.
Maybe this behaviour should only happen while in live recording mode?

1 Like

Strange bug, but I get it even on an Init Patch…

I cannot set Delay Feeback to 80, it just wont let me.
Turn the feedback knob either way and the value will pause at either 79 or 81 for some time, then move to the other value, and completely miss 80.

No big deal in the grand scheme of thing but it is really doing a number on my OCD.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Digitone freezes with a high pitch beeping. This in version 1.31. Started a new project and it was fine for a while, but now in a new project it started crashing again.
Did you solve the problem fartbox?