Digitone / Digitone Keys 1.21 : bug reports

Logic should lead you to the conclusion that if the lfo does not start or stop, I.e a free running lfo, it cannot fade in or out. And it does state note trigs don’t start or stop the free running lfo, so fading in and out on a note trig logically couldn’t happen.

But again, bug thread, so current proper implementation shouldn’t be considered a bug, and you arguing it is may confuse other readers.

2 Likes

Even if what you were saying was as clear cut as you try to make it seem, this still doesnt address the issue of hold mode, where the fade function also doesnt function, despite hold mode being triggered by new notes. But regardless, this arguing is pointless and I’m not sure why you’re so invested - I’ve reported the issue (bug or otherwise) to elektron and they are already communicating with me on it, no need for further discussion.

I realise this is the Digitone thread, however I have had the same LFO bug as well with the Digitakt and reported it 2 years ago and it still hasn’t been fixed.

The behaviour is that the LFO always run in sync mode at 120bpm regardless of the pattern tempo. Copying the track to a new project inherits this bug. I have an entire project that became filled with this bug, causing a lot of distress because none of my baselines were in time and there was nothing I could do to fix it. Even exporting the syses and reimporting it inherited the bug.

I suspect the Digitakt and Digitone have some common code base with respect to LFO behaviour. I really hope this can be fixed soon

While in Multi Map Edit mode, editing 1 slot, pressing left arrow changes the Multi Map slot to the one below, without changing display.

Ex : select slot 2 with arrows, press YES.
Press left arrow, it changes to slot 1, while staying in slot 2 editing.

Seems buggy, anyone can confirm please?

Another one : I set midi lfos, random, hold.
Turn off.
At start up, lfos are active, without playing. They don’t respect the hold mode until I press play, and it requires a trig, otherwise it acts as in free mode.

Anyone can confirm before I contact support ?

1 Like

I confirm. I was planning to plock Dest…no luck.

Exactly. Hasn’t worked for a year. Very frustrating.

Double stop with midi loopback > freeze, even with a new pattern. I guess it’s an All Notes Off or similar bug.
(I also had other freezes without connections, don’t know why).

I need loopback to test Multimap. Maybe someone can tell me if it’s possible to change the octave range you can play in Multimap edit…it’s written you can play Multimap with trigs, only first octave? :sketchy:

Was using a Push2 to play the Digitone OB VST plug-in earlier and any time I applied aftertouch the pitch would would drop a whole step. ie pressing a D would play a D but as soon as after touch pressure was applied pressing D would play a C. Then pressing the pitch bend wheel(strip whatever) would reset it until aftertouch was applied again. Same thing happened when I tried to control it with a Rev2.

Anyone else seen anything like this? Did a search and saw lots of current midi issues, but not this one.

Have you checked DN aftertouch settings?

Yeah, everything was zeroed out.

And I was only selecting one midi controller at a time to test with in Ableton.

This one came up in one of the betas with the Analog Four/Keys, which would drop a few octaves when AT was applied from an external controller. I saw the prob when using Push2 as the controller for my AK and it’s fixed now – but maybe it’s also a prob for the DN. I’d send a ticket.

1 Like

I will do the same. I just got a digitone keys. Some of the knobs are overly sensitive compared to others. Sensitive like one tiny movement will cause the values to jump significantly. Seems like it could be an electrical problem? This makes playing with the arpeggiator almost impossible.

1 Like

Please do report this…So hard to program on certain pages.

Lets keep sending those tickets :+1:

Ticket sent :+1:

I doubt it’s a hardware problem, should be possible to fix in the firmware.

Another freeze while turning B knob, velocity. :expressionless:
No midi or usb plugged, audio only.

1 Like

I have a track with a trig in every step. On the first step I’ve put 1:2 as a trig condition, and on all the others “pre”.

When I hit play, sometimes only the first step is heart, and sometimes all of them (as intended).

I’ve found a workaround by putting the “1:2” condition at least to the first two steps, but it looks like a bug anyway.