Digitone buttons not working

Hi, I have a digitone with the latest os and I just recently noticed that some of the buttons are unresponsive. They light up and everything but nothing happens when I press them. Anyone else ever had this problem?

1 Like

Did you hold the FUNC button while powerig up the Digitone and then press Trig 1 in the menu, to test if the buttons work?

1 Like

Yeah I tried that and they don’t register in the test mode either. I actually cant even factory reset because one of the buttons that doesnt work is trig3.

Then i would contact the retailer and ask for a new device. Or did you buy second hand?

1 Like

Hi, late response but i have a similar problem with my digitone now. all the buttons below the encoders stopped working. funny thing is, i had my RYTM mk2 in repair once because record, play and A-H buttons stopped working, only to have the exactly same problem two months after the warranty was gone. bravo Elektron! i owned a machinedrum for almost a decade without any problem, but this button issues seem to be a very common problem with the new models. elektron refuses to repair my rytm for free because the warranty is gone and does not care it occured before that as well. i have warranty on my digitone luckily, but i really cant recommend anyone to buy their gear anymore. sad, just sad.
how was your problem solved?
i am now collecting cases like this, right now i have 6 cases with button problems collected, when i collected enough i will try to reach out to EU consumer protection.
seems like elektron will go the apple way now all the way.

I have the same problem with the broken record button on the Digitone and sticky buttons on the model:samples. I already switched the buttons on the ms but same problem happened again after half a year. Shame on you Elektron, thats not what I expect from a Device that costs around 800€. Even the hold button of my shitty phone is way sturdier.

1 Like

@Elektron, you should take these machines back and research the issue. Give the customer the benefit of the doubt. That benefits you and the customer. I bet being able to research an issue like this and gain insight is more valuable than a couple of machines.

1 Like

that would be amazing. I guess it’s more efficiant to just sell masses instead of building things for a long lifetime. I had my DN in repair now and after 2 weeks the same issue happened with the FUNC button. Too bad…