Digitone Arp doesn't not make Notes on Steps/Trigs

Hello all,

Just voicing my frustration / wondering if there is a way around this that doesn’t suck.

I have recently been pretty bummed that Digitone does not have the ability to record the arpeggiator notes to each track. I mean, this seems like an obvious function to me, considering you can change scale and lengths per track now. Why can’t we use the arpeggiator in conjunction with the step sequencer? Come on Elektron!

I’ve gotten around this by sending midi from my Maschine mk3, but it’s super cumbersome and I have to have the Maschine software open etc etc. Not a great flow. Also there is slight latency which drives me nuts.

Is there any way around this other than using an external arp device?? I realize I’m being nit picky but I’d really like to not have to boot up my Maschine and computer every time I want to record an arp into the Digitone sequencer.

Thanks y’all

1 Like

Hi, I am sorry I dont really understand what you mean. You can record incoming midi notes into your stepsequencer on the Digitone. Also you can insert notes in it. Works like a charm for the arp.

1 Like

maybe if DT has midi arp you can send midi out to midi in ?