Digitone + AR Mix help

Hey, hope I’m in the right place here. I’m pretty new to working with hardware and my only gear has been the RYTM until now, but I’ll have a chance to borrow a Digitone for a bit very soon, so I’m trying to get my head around the options for running the two in tandem. Since it’s just a test I’d like to get away with not buying a mixer for now if possible.

I read somewhere about someone running the RYTM into the DN. I’m assuming I’d then just need to adjust levels for each on the DN and send the audio out from there alone? Any issues with this?

Otherwise, would it be feasible as a short term fix just to send the headphone output of each into my USB audio interface (very basic Mackie Onyx Blackjack)? There are only two ins and both have pre-amps - Will that even work if I turn off the pres? Is it advisable?? I don’t need 100% pristine sound for the time being, just good enough to get a taste of using the two instruments together.

Any tips appreciated!

Turn up the DN output before going into the Rytm input as it has a lower line level and all should be fine. I haven’t tried this but have heard that this is the case for the Rytm input.

If Rytm is the clock and transport master setup the sync to send clock and start/stop. On DN set it to receive transport and clock in sync section.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

So DN into Rytm instead - Is this preferable to the opposite way around?

And out of curiosity, is the audio coloured at all being run through another device like this?

You have very limited options to control the input volume in the Rytm, only the compressor settings IIRC, and the input volume is not particularly high. I don’t know if the DN has control over input volume, but I would try that first

You’ll be able to plug one unit into the other and then that unit to the interface. You don’t want to run two headphone outs to your interface as the phone outs are stereo but each input on the interface is mono…

If you don’t have one you’ll probably want a standard midi cable to sync their sequencers with midi clock…

definitely put the rytm into the digitone inputs.

1 Like

Many thanks guys, that’s great :slight_smile:

1 Like