Digitone and overbridge control latency/lag

Same problem here- DNK.

I have the lag issue on my DN. It happens when Iā€™m using my Torso T-1 to sequence the DN. The T-1 must be quickly exceeding the midi limit mentioned in previous posts.
Disappointing.

Iā€™ve been told by Elektron support itā€™s due to CPU load of LP4 filter but I get it when not using LP4 filter also. Elektron told me they know about the issue and are considering implementing a fix. Perhaps CPU is underpowered, perhaps they can fix it but donā€™t care. Perhaps itā€™s in thw works but theyā€™re too busy developing other firmware updates or products. A real bummer though and a disapointment.
It does seem somewhat sporadic.
Anyoner notice if changing sample rate or buffer safety margin changes anything? Doesnā€™t seem to make a difference here.
I use mine with a Digitakt or Syntakt through a USB 3.0 powered hub.
I actually noticed the same lag issue for the first time with Synrtakt after updating to 1.10.

3 Likes

iā€™m running digitone keys, digitakt, syntakt and heat2 using overbridge and have noticed a lag with the controls on the digitone and syntakt. Reducing buffer sizes helped a small amount, but after running the latency monitor app i can see that the usb 1.0 + 2.0 drivers seem to be bottlenecking. Everything else seems fine, cpu hitting around 50%. I think this is a bandwidth issue with the usb ports on my pc. Iā€™ve just ordered a 7 port PCIE USB 3 card with 5mbps of bandwidth per port. Iā€™ll report back later in the week on how this goes.

Just fitted the PCIe usb3 card and all 4 elektron devices running in bitwig sweet as a nut. Controls on the devices are now 100% snappy, very little latency all round. I suspect the latest version of Overbridge uses more bandwidth than the previous version.

Tried using usb c, usb 3, hub, non hub, the worksā€¦ and itā€™s still LAGGY AS FUCK, itā€™s unusable and frankly an utter disgrace that this is still an issue and/or ever was an issue in the first place

1 Like

Same. No matter what, digitone keys is too laggy to be useable in overbridge.

Interesting. I wander if there is a USB C hub or some other solution with such bandwidth.
Iā€™m running a mac mini 2018 so no hardware upgrades possible.
However, Iā€™ve tried connecting straight to the computer USB C port and same old lag.