Digitone and Digitakt together

No desert, I’m up in the PNW.
Aha… Prog CH send from DT to DN Prog CH Recieve?
Cool. Will check it out.

yeah, that was the thing. Thank you. This exposes my chaotic system of storing patterns however. time to start putting more effort into a linear progression. i had stuff in different banks, which works fine but you just have to push a lot of buttons. This is a cool development…

I use this power splitter in conjunction with two of these barrel adaptors along with this battery kit.

I doubt the power splitter and adaptor barrels will function properly with a single Elektron PSU.

Also, I am not sure if any of this is threatening the longevity of my DT and DN.

2 Likes

Hi. I don’t understand how you connect it.
DT > DN. left/right + midi
DN > DT. Left/right + midi
how do you connect a midi synth?
and how to do connect to your speakers?

I also have an Analog heat MKII to connect.

Here is a short video showing the issue and the settings: https://youtu.be/yNb3DlgYfdk
Thank you

The cables in my picture were just for show.

If you are looking for advice connecting audio, you can use two quarter-inch cables from the outputs of the DT and into the inputs of the DN. You can then connect outputs of the DN to the inputs of your Analog Heat and then the outputs of your Analog Heat to your speakers, all in a similar manner. You will need to make sure the input volume is up on the master page of the DN (I think 27 is unity gain) and the input channels are panned hard left and right. I don’t have an Analog Heat, but I would imagine it has an input gain setting as well. You will need to make sure your output volumes are up as well.

It is not clear to me what you are trying to achieve with MIDI and I am not familiar with the MIDI keyboard you are using. With my DT and DN in storage, I am unable to share my MIDI settings.

I am sure someone else here can help, especially if you describe each question in detail, one at a time. Remember to always start simple.

The manuals have great examples of how to connect different gear and go over the settings in detail. I highly recommend you read through the manuals, take notes and practice connecting and using each device alone before attempting anything more complex.

1 Like

Great idea … been thinking of making a little back-plate like this .
Love those small cables .

1 Like

Here is my take on it:

Got a couple battery packs powering it.

12 Likes

this is dope.
how strong a metal plate did you use?
and what screws are needed?
cheers!

This was long, long ago… but I believe I used a pretty substantial piece of metal. It was probably around 2 or 3mm thick.

For screws, the manual specifies – "Use M4 screws with a max length of 7.4 mm.”

I placed rubber washers in-between the metal plate and the devices to prevent wear.

I later added additional rubber feet to the backside of the metal plate so the screws would no longer scratch up my desk.

1 Like

That’s a pretty awesome case you got there! Did you build it yourself or bought it somewhere?

PS: love the pooch in the back, can’t make good music without a solid wingman like that! :smile:

Yes, I made/designed it myself. I agree on the pooch!

1 Like