Digitone Ambient recorded to cassette (new track, June 24th)

Hey, maybe you saw my Digitakt on tape series. This is the Digitone version. Not sure how many of these I make until I eventually hook up both boxes together. Hope you enjoy it.

22 Likes

Just added a new track (Time). It probably the most ‘wall of sound’ thing I ever made. Filing it under euphoric ambient :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really love it! Great work! More wall of sound

1 Like

Thank you! I usually don’t use arpeggiators, so I was a bit unsure at first. But it grew on me. Glad you like it.

1 Like

“Occasions” recalls instances from Selected Ambient Works vol. 2, along w/Fennesz’ Black Sea. It’s super pleasant.

1 Like

“Time” sort of hinted at a gradual chord change midway through (or I had imagined) - something easier, resolved… like a release of tension. Either way, it’s lovely.

1 Like

love your work! very inspiring

2 Likes

Thank you for checking out the tunes and the kind words.

There is no actual chord change in ‘Time’ happening. I think it sounds a bit like that when the delay is phasing with the original sound while I change the envelopes.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you enjoy the music :slight_smile:

I meant that a gradual shift into a more ‘resolved’ (but keeping some residue of its urgency) sort of arpeggio could be affecting – if you still had that pattern kicking around, and were open to suggestions. Of course, it’s good as is.

Sort of like “New Seeds” by BoC.

1 Like

Long hard day in the studio today - this is
the perfect antidote.

Very beautiful stuff - thank you.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad to provide some relaxation.

Listened to both of these from start to finish. Very nice work.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for spending your time with my music. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hey, I love your stuff and was even gonna post a thread about you yesterday but things got in the way. I was gonna suggest that you must feel pretty productive with all the tapes you make, as you’ve regularly got something to show for your efforts.
Plus your music’s awesome. I saw someone mention brain massage recently when describing your music and I was hungover to f*ck last week and that’s how it felt having your stuff on, so yeah, big up!

2 Likes

Hey Bob, thanks a lot for the kind words. I like the thought of my music massaging brains :slight_smile: It’s a way of relaxation for myself, so it kinda comes naturally.

Of course I have to fight through uninspired stretches as well but I generally just love making music. Beginning of last year I decided to push things a bit more and just see how many people I can reach. So far it’s going well and I feel very motivated by the positive feedback.

From a strategic standpoint, I probably shouldn’t upload as much music and save some for later. But I’m just having a hard time sitting on tracks when they’re done.

1 Like

as beautiful as the digitakt tunes you made

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Wow! This is making want a Digitone - exactly what I wanted to believe it could sound like. Awesome work. Is there any other processing on here?

1 Like

Thanks! There is no other processing but the recording to cassette has an influence on the sound of course.