Digitone 1.2_ bugs discussion

I understand but it’s useless as this :confused:

Thanks

Useless is a bit harsh. :cheeky: All other options would be worse, and it works fine in a majority of cases.

4 Likes

Sure you’re right. I didn’t want to be harsh. For my use, the screen is never going off because the digitone always receive lfos from digitakt and octatrack. Maybe the solution will be to add lfos to the digitone ! Let’s say 2 more :wink:

1 Like

Grid recording mode possibly needs a bit of attention (see my previous post).

When in grid recording mode, holding a parameter page button now doesn’t show the set values for parameters anymore.

Can anyone confirm my findings? I’ll then report them :slight_smile:

Got another one. Just before a gig haha. But all went well. No issues and no exceptional errors (neighter by myself :wink: )

This one just happened out of the blue while tweaking the filter frequency I think. It turned back on immediately without issues.

1 Like

Hanging notes when using an external midi controller & in overbridge using digiton as a sound card. Sequencer has to be playing. Driving me crazy if anyone has a clue to the cause of this?

Did Pattern Chaining change? Before updating, I could push PTN then push and hold 2 then 3 and it would play pattern 2 then 3 then back to 2 then 3 etc. Now, it just plays pattern 2 then 3 then loops 3 without ever going pack to 2. I have changed nothing on this project whatsoever. Is this a bug or a new configurable behavior that I can’t find?

Wow ! You entered the matrix Neo DaveMech :grin:

2 Likes

Hanging notes on DN, controlling it from a keyboard thru my Daw.

I´m also having trouble with hanging notes. Digitone is connected to my Streichfett via MIDI Through (Digitakt is sending MIDI to Digitone) and after playing a few notes one note hangs and when I continue playing the notes are layered on top and keep playing/hanging. Tried various setups but always the same result when Digitone is involved. When I hook up my Keystep directly to the Streichfett there are no issues at all.

Edit: playing the Digitone with the Keystep ends up with the same result -> hanging notes on the Digitone.

1 Like

So that’s at least 3 of us & i’ve seen others with this problem on the facebook group. I created a ticket & have heard nothing over week. Are support normally this bad?

1 Like

I created a ticket as well a few days ago and also haven’t heard back from them yet.

had already hanging notes in previous OS! Same as for the bug with the reverb sounding weak, fx not working properly! Also one output seems to be a bit louder!
Reading all the comments I just stay on 1.10b with has his bugs also (I’m not a beta user, by the way got this unit with the beta firmware as a replacement unit for my other DN??? so they gave me a used unit by some employee???)
I’m sick of seeing all those newer bugs that went into 1.2, sick of posting bugs/problems, etc. Sick of questioning meself if it’s user error or not. It’s @Elektron your work to test the firmware not our job, we don’t get paid for it! Everytime we get an update we get new bugs instead! (that goes for probably every machine made after MD and MnM)

2 Likes

I previously mentioned that my Digitone was unable to successfully power on since the newest update. In previously firmwares I would only experience “freezing” and a “DSP Error” every once in a while.

I attempted to downgrade my unit by holding the [Function] key while powering on and accidentally, I found a test mode.

Once I finished I powered off and on. This has been the first successful start up since updating .

Hopefully this is beneficial to someone frustrated out there.

I’m using the newest digitone OS 1.20 and I’m having an issue where I can’t change patterns from bank C pattern 1, it just blinks in the queue endlessly, changing between any other patterns works fine.
Anyone else having this problem?

Check your CH.LEN / M.LEN settings. They’re probably set to OFF/INF on that pattern.

4 Likes

This worked, thanks so much :pray:

1 Like

This issue has existed since before 1.20. External midi sequencing is giving Hung notes. Put in a ticket with a video link if possible.

I did create a ticket a while ago & have had no response. I guess i didn’t spot the problem before as only just started using it with Ableton Live since we got this last update.

Stuck Notes,
Arp Patterns and settings not been saved with overbridge,
Sounds changing themselves if the unit is on for more than 10 hours, (as in FM starts to warp, sounds great but it is not what I bought the machine for, and the only way to save those sounds is to sample it, as the settings in the Digitone are the same as the patch before it warped itself) VERY UNSTABLE!.

Not a happy Customer TBVFH…

2 Likes