Digitone 1.10: bug discussion [n.b. later OS bugs topics exist]

got a brand new machine after the first one had hardware issues. First days it was behaving correctly, yesterday I had a freeze again. When making a pattern with soundlocks only on all four tracks, including Fill and prob.trigs the machine freeze/crashed and had to powercycle! pfff Is this known as a software bug?

what did you do? Send it back for repair? Or is this crashing behaviour software/firmware related?

filed a bug, they wanted to know more stuff but didnt had time to investigate so far. im also a bit tired of investigating bugs i have to say.

if it crashes 2 much with nothing midi attached like mine did, just return it. Had the same issues with my first unit.

Found another weird bug:

set BPM to 30, place few notes, add some long decay reverb, some delay, just go crazy, and go ¨Plocking some notes with different LFO settings, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah could keep on listening to this shit BUT…
-When pushing stop twice to cut all sounds, we can hear a fraction of a second sound! It does not cut instantly all sounds like it should be when playing on for example 120bpm!

2nd freeze (again)! I pressed some unknown combo accidently and copy paste was acting not normal, went mad and pushed some other buttons and couldn’t stop pattern anymore, got a freeze/crash, powercycled and now the page/fill works again?

If im controlling the digitone via usb midi from an iphone (link to midi) i lose realtime stop messages from a 5 pin input. Other cc messages will transmit throught the 5 pin but realtime messages will be ignored ie not merged. Is this a bug?

I also posted this question here: Digitone Midi/Realtime Transport Control

Hi.
It’s not often, but sometimes when I work in a pattern and I have sounds loaded into the tracks the sounds on some tracks get completely silent for no reason all of a sudden. It doesn’t work to change the sound. Three tracks out of four got silent tonight in a pattern. And when a track goes silent it seems that it remains that way because it happened 6 months ago on a project and it’s still silent. The tracks are not muted or anything like that and I can’t get any sound no matter if I place trigs or if I try to play.

Does someone else have this problem?

Cheers

1 Like

Are you sure it’s not a global mute?

Was hoping they would drop a new OS already : [

1 Like

Oh nice, I’ve been running into this!!

Yeah, I’m sure. None of the tracks were muted. The sounds just stop working and get silence. I rebooted DN 2 times and after the second reboot the sounds came back. But the sound in the pattern that I worked with 6 months back still remains silent.

Not being patronizing here, but are you aware there are 2 types of mutes? It was confusing for me for awhile and I suspect many others too…
There’s global mutes and pattern mutes. It really seems like you’ve got one of them on.

Yes I am, I know that there are several ways to mute, but none of them are used.

I’ve had a song setup perfectly for a while and now randomly when I boot up a single track will be off key…

Absolutely no pattern/track transpose has been set, both are at 0.

I have to re-save the pattern, turn the device off, and reboot it for the track to go back in tune.

Did you ever use the Pitch Bend? There is a bug where Pitch Bend does not reset to 0 and you will forever be out of tune until a reboot.

Yes. I think we are overdue for an update. It’s been over 6 months I believe. :tired_face:

i think they did one few weeks ago, but beta so DN can already record audio via usb?

I believe audio over usb is working with the new OS 1.11 beta. Haven’t tried yet, so I can’t say for sure. I was hoping for a standard update that would take care of bugs like the DSP boot error and maybe add some new features. Midi Arp, wink wink. :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone know when the dreaded DSP Boot Failure bug is going to be fixed? Digitone was released almost a year ago and my unit still has this problem.

Stupid bug with external audio inputs that happens sometimes:
-having a pattern running with incoming audio and switching to another pattern you can sometimes hear the incoming audio but the L and R sliders are closed!