Digitone 1.02: bug reports

Yep, this is a pretty rough bug to deal with. Particularly coupled with the DT’s new compressor. I run DT into DN’s external inputs, and suddenly it was blowing my hearing out (DT’s Master Compressor was on) with how loud it was because of this bug.

I do play live, and I hope they get this one ironed out asap. I assume it’s related to the bug discussed earlier by others.

Hi,

if I change the midi channel of track 3 to 12 and of track 4 to 13 and save my whole project they go back to midi channel 3 and 4 on a reload of the project. Tested this with a completly new pattern, same effect.
It´s not possible to change the midi channel on track 3 and 4 and save this. Maybe someone can confirm this? Firmware is latest 1.02. Its related to the synth tracks, not the midi tracks.

Thanks,
jingo

I filed a ticket and this has been confirmed as a bug by Support…

1 Like

Hi everyone. Elektron newbie here.

I just got the digitone, and the FX (Reverb, Delay) are not working. I’m not using any external synths or midi- just the internal synth.

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or just me doing something wrong. But I thought I’d check here for help.

Thank you (and sorry in advance if this is something really dumb on my end).

Are you turning up the send levels in the second AMP page for your tracks?

11%20am

2 Likes

Nope! I figured it would be something super simple like that. Thank you!!!

1 Like

3rd time this has happened.

The DIGITONE play button gets stuck on play and NOTHING I do can get it off of play.

The only thing I can do is turn it off.

This time I tried to reload the project and it worked but I lost my project stuff I thought I had saved. IF I didn’t save project info the right way that’s on me. I can live with that.

However, it should NOT be getting stuck like this. What IF anything am I doing wrong?

Are you using midi? Is it a midi loop issue?

Yeah, I am using MIDI but then I turn MIDI stuff off and disconnect and it’s still stuck

What is your midi routing?

I had the Korg ES2 controlling the clock going to the MIDI IN of the DIGITONE.

Weird. You aren’t sending midi out to controller too? I had midi loop freeze running 2 tones midi intoeachother until I set one to send and receive clock and the other to only receive

OK,
I was going from Korg ES2
to the DIGITONE
then out to the OB-6
I had the DIGITONE to receive and send.

I just DL new OS.

IF this happens again I will try to document exactly how I have the MIDI configured.

I will be more aware and keep what you said in mind.

IDK, is there some loop function I’m accidently going into?

Thinking about it now, the play button is stuck ON but any of the CLEAR, PASTE, COPY buttons are stuck on,
SO, maybe it’s the function key that is stuck somehow.

IF it happens again, I’m gonna closely document it.

1 Like

Can you change pages when it happens or everything freezes up? When I got midi loopback from double pressing stop, everything froze up and I couldn’t change pages or anything like that I had to reboot but that doesn’t happen now

You know what? Maybe I am pressing DOUBLE stop.

It seems I am unable to stop it because when I do press STOP it says pattern cleared or track cleared or whatever.

Haven’t tried to change pages, at least I don’t remember IF I did.

I wanna say everything froze up 1 or 2 times.

What did you do to get it to stop?

Mine is dead pretty much, < 24 hours old :frowning:
Have to turn it on and off 40 times for it to boot. Waited like 10 min between. Does go into the test menu and passed all the tests. Tried to factory default and it freezes at the splash screen. Tried to reload the OS from that menu and it doesn’t show up in C6. Tried, when it did boot, to reload the OS and got a fail error. Bummed. I waited 4 months for this and now I’m going to have to return it to American Musical and wait another 4 months since Elektron only seems to make 2 of these a month. But when it does work, it’s a blast. Much better than the A4 IMO. Worlds better for what I want to do.

@Jameshenry Woah wild…do you have it set up with midi to all your other gear when having this issue or stand alone? One of mine basically always crashed turning it on if it was during the same time as another box turning on and connected thru midi