Digitone 1.02: bug reports

Good GOD, I thought I had an issue.:frowning:

I tried everything. No cables, with cables. Digitakt power supply I tried too. Different outlet. I got a bum unit. This is the 3rd one. I got 2 bum RYTM MKII’s and gave up. Super bummed.

I managed to get the thing on today after multiple tries and it’s been on since 2pm so I can use it till I box it up and send it back and wait another 2 months for a new one *sniffle sniffle *

2 posts were split to a new topic: REC, PLAY and STOP start behaving like Copy, Clear and Past

I’m currently having the same issue. Brand new, less than three or four hours played on it and the display showed this error twice and hasn’t restarted since the second time:

Exception R0021
SSP: 4 VEC 0b
FS: 0 SR 2504
ADDR 40097908

immediately opened a ticket, hoping to hear back soon.

edit: welp. just reinstalled the OS through the early startup menu and got it to turn on. will update if anything else happens.

edit 2: back to square one.

I’m getting this really strange bug with arpeggio.

Example:

PTN 1 has only Track 1 with long pad. When I switch to PTN 2 that has only TRACK 2 with arpeggiated bas, the Pad on Track 1 gets cut offed.

Bug or?

@grit909 If I understand you correctly, your pad on track one will only keep playing when you switch if you have the release set to infinite or continued placing trigs on pattern two track one

PTN1 - TRK1 Pad sound playing with long release. Retrigering every 16 steps. Everything else empty.
PTN2 - TRK2 Bass with arpeggio playing. Everything else empty.

When I switch from PTN1 to PTN2 the release of pad sound is abruptly cut offed. If I disable the arpeggio on bass track, the release of pad is played normal.

It’s very strange. There is no unison or anything like that involved. How can arrpegio on one track affect the sound on different track?

@grit909 Unless someone else can chime in I’d try a couple factory resets. I had an issue for a little while where track 1 lfo1 mult was changing all my other tracks lfo speeds. Couple factory resets and it went away

1 Like

Plocked sounds don’t arpeggiate when the arp is turned on for that track! The a4 could do this,! Can anyone confirm?

Arp settings are saved with sounds. I kinda like it this way; it means you can technically plock the arp.

Copying a pattern on the Digitakt and pasting to a new pattern keeps the samples in place when the sequence is cleared. It remember “the kit”

It seems the Digitone does not remember the synth “kit” when pasting to a new pattern and clearing the sequence… Anybody else notice this?

If I set tracks 1 - 4 MIDI channels to, say, 12, 13, 14, and 15, on restart it resets them to 1, 2, 3, and 4.

1 Like

Holding FUNC and turning the MIX knob doesn’t work—it just sets the parameter all the way to the left. I was sure this worked properly before; can anyone else confirm?

@pselodux Correct, mine does not work either. Just moves all the way to left like you said. Like that on both my digitones

I get DSP Boot Failure on start up sometimes. More often lately it seems. Usually a quick power off/on and it’s fine but I thought I’d mention it.

1 Like

I’ve seen that once. I think it has something to do with the state the machine is in when you power it off

mine does this sometimes. my issue is crashes when chained in midi. happens when i remove my digitakt from the chain. analog rytm to analog 4 to dgitone to heat. freezes with a high pitch sound after the first bar.

“Just had another freeze on the current firmware - Digitone just froze up and continued playing an ear-harassing beep. After the freeze it froze up again during boot up on the screen where it displays the version. After the 3rd reboot its working again. I’ve got the feeling its been crashing more since I’ve got my Arturia Keystep sending Midi to it.”

i having this problem as well. its something in our midi chain. It happens when the digitone is plugged into the chain a specific way. I am still testing it. but when i go from the digitakt to the digitone and then to the analog 4 and rytm it works without freeze. as soon as i take the digitakt out of the chain and reconfigure the order i get freeze after one bar (ish)

Come over here.