Digitech DOD Rubberneck delay A4 CV help

Hi! I’ve been having the same idea! Did you succeed with it?
I just bought a Beatstep just to try it, waiting for it now.
Greetings from Argentina!

The Rubberneck does not have an expression pedal jack. That´s why DOD mentioned, that it does not take CV (instead of an expression pedal).

But the functions, that are switched by the fs3x pedal can be switched by CV (if you use a mosfet or jfet as a switch). But you can only switch them on and off. It´s not possible to change values with CV.

1 Like

I recently picked up an ALM SBG Pedal interface which includes a 3v/5v exp output. With a 3.5mm to 1/4" mono between the 3v and the DOD, the Regen would turn on with a 0 or below voltage source. Notbadnotbad.

1 Like

Are you sure, that it´s save to use a TS plug instead a TRS? It constantly shortens the ring …

1 Like

Uhhhhh I am not…what? :flushed:

Edit: :man_facepalming:

Bad news is, no, it’s not technically safe. Good news is that most TS cables (according to the article) are safe. Either way ordering some floating ring cables asap. Thanks for the heads up!

Ok, that’s something! I think I could send 3v from my Beatstep Pro pretty accurately. Will try that later!
The question now is how to get it to control the rubbernecking function…

If you happen to understand this more than me (this is extremely probable), I’m following this clues:
This guy controls his SuperEgo+ with a Drum Gate from the Beatstep (12V).*
When you see the manual of that pedal, the “External control jack” chapter recommends to use a DigiTech® FS3X, and then it reads:

“USING EXTERNAL CLOCK TRIGGER WITH A 1⁄4” TS CABLE
You can also use a clock signal to trigger the Superego+ BYPASS function.
Connect the clock signal to the TIP of the EXT Jack. Each negative-going clock
signal present at the TIP connection is equivalent to pressing the BYPASS
footswitch. The nominal amplitude for the clock signal is 0V to 5V. The
Superego+ is triggered by the falling edge of the clock signal.”

My guess is that, using a weirdly wired cable, you can access the combination of tip, ring & sleeve that goes to the Rubbernecking function?

I hope I made myself clear, and I repeat: I do not know nothing concerning CV.
Cheers to everyone in here!

*Source: kind of contradictory Arturia (arturia. com/faq/beatsteppro/beatstep-pro-general-questions):

• Gate Outputs: 12V.
    If your destination device requires 5V, it will work and won’t damage it.
    But in long term, we advise to use attenuators to avoid any risk of premature wear.