Digital mixer - anyone experience with auria on ios?

Thanks for the answers.

@ clemo: how do you Charge with this Adapter? Also can i sidechain in AUM?
I have seen that you can also add synth plugins in the Slots. can i trogger those by incoming midi signals?
This is probably the best Thing I have seen in months.
Thanks a lot for the tip.

I just own the regular Lightning to USB-Adapter but probably this might help to explain how it works.

Sorry but I’ve never used Aum for sidechaining. Aufx:Push might do the job but I don’t know if it’s iaa.

Please keep in mind that you might need to buy some fx-apps.
I bought the blamesoft bundle (au) , rp-1 delay (au), crystaline and echo pad (both iaa). This covers all my needs.

Awesome. I am so looking forward to this. Hope my Ipad4 can handle 16 channels with Basic EQ and a couple of Dynamics. This might solve lots of Problems for now.

Great!
A while back I was looking for a compatible USB-Hub for Overbridge and your recommendation saved me a lot of money. So… you’re welcome.

Keep in mind… you have to switch of overbdridge mode to use AR or A4 with your iPad.

:smile:

There is quite some stuff available in ios. After using nano studio ages ago I haven’ t really kept using my ipad for music. do you record and arrange on it as well or just mixing?

I tried to use my iPad as a complete production center but it’s like using Linux for making music: It works but it’s a pita.

Probably it’s just me but… for deep editing (changing velocity, fine parameter changes etc.) I prefere a pointing device like a mouse or a trackpad.

Another problem is the inter app connectivity itself. You always have to use Audiobus and/or Audioshare or Dropbox to connect apps or share files which is some sort of a workflow killer.
Since there are more and more au apps available it’s getting better. Total recall, easier connection etc.

But lets face it… an iPad (actually) is no computer. It’s an additional piece of gear with a lot of flexibility and… there are really great and affordable apps available. You can use it as a synthesizer, as a drumcomputer, as a mixer, as a midicontroller etc.
But running more than one or two apps simultaneously might get pretty confusing.

But for the OP’s use however, AUM would be ideal in my opinion. Set your mixer channels, record arm and then jam away. Once done you have umpteen track stems for importing into your DAW of choice, either on the iPad (Cubasis?) or your computer.

Thats why I mentioned Aum :slight_smile:

It’s actually the app that keeps my setup together. Both… audio and midi.

Cool I will check this out on the Weekend. Alternatively I might use my mac mini with live installed and place the ipad on top with duet installed instead of a Screen and a mouse.
However AUM Looks really promising

If you have questions… ask!
Sometimes Aum is a bit tricky.

aum is great… id say “essential” for music production with ios - for me at least

probly the most important “utility” type app ive got

i dont use the recorder function… just the mixing / fx chains / save states

As mentioned previously AUM is awesome. It’s like having a modular mixer. So flexible. Record the stems, copy it to Octatrack and jam away.

cool I see that everything is controllable using midi. Could use my bcr2000 for levels and eq i guess. not sure how to record and record in sync. for now i probably would play a sync file which goes to my multiclock which then gives midi clock to my hardware. Hmm lots of concept thinking - hope this all works in reality. so little time right now also good weather. literally no time to make music :frowning:

Record in sync might be a problem since I’m not able to get Aum to work as a slave and I don’t know if Aum sends midi clock and/ or transport.

just bought the app.
still have to get into it but as it seems there is a loop player integrated.
I will try to load a sync file and send it to my multiclock which then should be able to generate a stable synced clock.
so keeping hardware and software in sync should be possible.
how would i record? i read synced recording can be done so start and endpoint can be chosen by the app?

I don’t use a multiclock. I just have connected all my instruments via USB and choosed my AR as a sources at the top of the midi routing menu. At the right I choosed the other instruments as destinations. This way the AR acts as a master device and the other instruments receive clock and transport from the Rytm.

Unfortunately I have to set Aums tempo manually since Aum is not able to listen to the Rytms clock or transport.

The moment you figuered out how to record in sync please be so kind and share the information. Could be usefull.

Apparently you can use an app called midi link sync which should be able to receive the clock and make a link Signal out of it which aum should be able to sync to.
Recording is just pressing record and the recording starts and stops in sync.
Apparently the clock generated by the app is quite stable so you could sync everything to it alternatively.
Havent tested but in theory this should work.
Hope to get some time at the Weekend to see what I can do with it.
The concept however is extremely promising.
Have to see how this works in practice (latency, crashes, System resources…)

Have to check out midi link.
Could be useful to press record and the recording as well as my external gear are in sync. Would make Cubasis redundant and free up a lot of space.

So after trying the ins and outs I can say that syncing aum to an external clock works.
I am using my multiclock to generate a clock signal (can of course come from another source as well) which goes into the scarlettt 18i20 which is connected to the ipad.
the ipad is running midi link sync which generates a link signal from the clock signal midiclock which aum can sync to.
synced recording is easy now.
good stuff!!!

1 Like