Digitakt won't load projects and won't update OS

When trying to upload a project my digitakt just says ‘WAIT’ but nothing happens.

I am still using 1.04 so I decided to update it to 1.10 yesterday. I connected to transfer and when I send the file my digitakt just read ‘ERASING FLASH’ for about three hours and continued to do so. I decided to turn it off because I didn’t think that it was working and it certainly wasn’t like the first time I updated.

Does anybody have any ideas on this or have had similar problems?

May be better to use C6 for updating the device (Transfer is most useful for sample handling afaict although it supports firmware updating) - in either case follow the instructions on the OS upgrade notes attached to the firmware

Also - try the search, this issue is frequently reported

If the OS upgrade takes more than say a minute , then it’s probably a sign that something’s amiss - always check through user feedback here (or ask support) before turning the device off in case it gets bricked

Thanks so much. Is C6 for Mac aswell then? I’ll have a look at downloading and doing it this way.

C6(sysex) is Mac/Win and although it’s made by Elektron it’s a good general purpose sysex handling update/backup tool - just like snoize’s sysex manager

It can peek into an Elektron sysex file and give you a heads-up to its contents though

1 Like

Okay thanks mate downloading it now. Will see how it goes. Will reply soon.

If all fails hold down FUNC when booting up your Digitakt, connect it to the computer with usb/din midi and flash it from the boot menu instead.

Sure, thank you guys. I tried with the c6. I connected configed it, and connected with USB. I then went to settings > OS upgrade. It says ‘waiting for sysex’, so I sent the file from c6, and nothing changed.

When I have tried to hold down function and load it from this menu, I lose the USB connection to c6 or transfer and therefore can’t send my update anywhere :/m

As far as I understand you can only flash from the boot menu using a usb -> midi din interface like the TM-1 or similar. Also be sure to configure C6 before attempting to send anything.

What also might work is to set midi mode to usb only and use the Transfer app or C6 to send the firmware after entering “system update” in the menu. I’ve also read that changing the auto channel channel helps sometimes.

Good luck!