Digitakt with Electronic Drum Kit

Hello All - Very enthusiastic Digitakt owner here. Love this thing and looking forward to the OS update!

My question is: Is it possible to assign different midi notes to different samples on the same midi channel? i.e. Midi 1 note C0 triggers track 1, midi 1 note C#0 triggers track 2, etc. Right now sending different notes on a given midi channel just changes the pitch of the sample. My goal is to use an electronic drum kit to trigger samples on the Digi. I know this is a typical feature in a lot of midi gear but I haven’t been able to figure out if it’s possible on the Digi. Basically there needs to be a way to tell each track to only respond to 1 specific midi note so each track can be triggered on the same midi channel. Anyone know if this is possible? Any other ideas how I could control samples on the Digi via midi drum pads are certainly welcome.

Thanks!

1 Like

8.4 in the manual has the relevant information. You need to send midi notes 0 to 8.

2 Likes

Oh awesome I think that’s precisely what I’m looking for. I must have missed it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers!

1 Like

0 - 7

I thought that as well, quoted directly from their manual.

Hi, I just read this and was wondering if it worked out for you. I was just researching the same and came across this thread. If so do you have a photo of how you hooked it up? I’m super noob when it comes to this sort of stuff. Cheers