Digitakt vs. Octatrack

aha didn’t see this vid

3 Likes

I think if you were to modify the pitches of all your samples when creating a beat, there would be a huge difference between the sound quality of both units.

1 Like

If you have and love the OT. It’s a no brainer; the DT might be a nice addition.

But if you’re like me and want immediacy plus don’t have an OT, go DT.

However, I’ve used the OT and while it really has everything I want, it felt like I was always trying to just get started.

1 Like

Ha, I didn’t even see your first comment until now I was just saying my thoughts, but it does seem like I replied to you… :slight_smile: I totally agree with what your saying… and yes, the forums gone haywire, and the wire is now short circuiting! :sweat_smile:

Doubt anyone with or without an OT will say the DT sucks. It’s pretty rad

1 Like

I’m gonna return my DT. I already have an OT and appart from trig condition and overdrive, DT adds nothing to the OT for me.

if the the OT were easier to use…it would be a simple decision.

1 Like

With the DT MIDI tracks, can I hook up an external controller and play through to an external sound module while recording sequence data?

2 Likes

Sweet thanks!

1 Like

The learning curve is steep but there are lots of videos on youtube.

+1

really like the cond trigs but can’t see a reason to keep this one (ok maybe the size when travelling) when there is an OT.

I never understood the difficulty with the OT.
It’s really easy to use, the basic stuff is extremely simple.
It just does a lot of things.

15 Likes

well, one (last) thing to add that I find also great is to have access to the sample slots with LFO. is there a method to do so with the OT? haven’t found one yet. thanks

exactly my opinion. can’t repeat it often enough

Spot on. Reading the FM and practicing regularly helps a great deal, though.

1 Like

Someone said they didn’t want to take a year to learn it.
It’s no piano that’s fer sure.

I would add that after a year though, you can be at one with the craziest sampler midi sequencing box out there.

2 Likes

Keep in mind also that the OT is much more flexible with the SD Card and USB for file transfert.

Sorry but the OT works w/ Compact Flash, not SD card. And you have to be really, really careful when you plug a CF card into it - the pins are quite delicate.

Love my OT, but might consider the DT as I monitor how it progresses w/ OS updates and user reports/posts. Let me clarify - I’d consider the DT as addition to my OT, not a replacement.

A tough one! Here are my thoughs as an Ex-Octatrack owner:

OCTATRACK
:slight_smile: Unlimited track length (for backing tracks)
:slight_smile: Scenes (come on, SCENES!!!)
:slight_smile: Multiple inputs (replaced a mixer in my hardware-only liveset)

:disappointed: No Trig-Conditions (update very unlikely due to technical and / or marketing decisions
:disappointed: Compact Flash not supported anymore (two cards died)

DIGITAKT
:slight_smile: OLED Display
:slight_smile: Trig-Conditions
:slight_smile: Easy way of recording and handling samples (from what I saw on dataline´s yt demo)
:slight_smile: small size (yes, I don´t have space anymore and carry my stuff to gigs on my bike most of the time)
:slight_smile: will be supported with updates in the next years

:disappointed: limited sample memory
:disappointed: extra charge for full overbridge (this is like DLC in videogames that are already on the disc but have to be paid extra to be unlocked)
:disappointed: mono samples
:disappointed: only one out / in (not sure about overbridge here)

I don´t mind the 128 Sample slots, I used 84/128 slots in my Analog Rytm and already produced and released one album, one ep and almost three hours of live sessions on youtube with it. I don´t feel a limit here.

2 Likes