Digitakt vs Intellijel I/O module - noise?

Not sure if this is a Digitakt issue or an Intellijel issue, but I get quite a lot of hiss out of my Intellijel 1U I/O module in the 7U case before I even plug any audio into the module.

I’ve tried with the output on my Make Noise Shared System - both the built in output and a Rosie module - and it’s totally clean. I’ve not had any other noise issues with the DT inputs.

I’m not sure if it’s power issues in some way - I’m clueless about such things. But then the MN case is plugged into the same wall output as the Intellijel case.

Suggestions welcome!

Can you try putting the Intellijel I/O in the Shared System to see if you still get noise? If you don’t then the noise is probably coming from elsewhere in the system that currently contains the Intellijel.

Sadly not. It’s one of those 1U sized modules that only fits in the 1U row and connects to 1/4" outputs on the back of the Intellijel case. This one:
https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/audio-io-1u/

There’s no noise from the outputs when recording into my computer audio interface. Only the Digitakt. Hmmm.

Damn.

1 Like

is the digitakt connected to computer by the usb at the time?

No. Just standalone. :confused:

Swapped a TRS cable for a nice high quality non-TRS cable and the connection is now totally silent.

So there you go.

3 Likes

having the same issue, what cable did u buy?

I don’t know what specific make it is. Just a higher quality one. Bit of trial and error involved I think.

1 Like

FWIW I’ve been slowly moving all my cables to mogami. They are crazy expensive, but noise issues have been disappearing all over the place. I don’t know if it’s necessary to go that expensive, but after a couple noise issues becoming silent I just decided to continue using what works.

1 Like