Digitakt v MPC Live: real buyers survey (UK£)

after the demo’s, Digitakt for me… nice birthday present if its out next month

Digitakt 14

MPC Live 15

Both 3

6 Likes

might go to penalties…

3 Likes

AND HERE COME THE BELGIAN’S!!!

8 Likes

back of the net!!!

Put me down for a RYTM near DT release date sold cheap due to a condition of uncontrollable GAS

2 Likes

DT all the way. Huge fan of the Monomachine thinking this will be a great companion.

2 Likes

Mpc Live for me. Got one on pre-order but keep dipping into the funds to buy a cheeky pedal here and there.

Live is potentially my dream machine. I’ve always enjoyed all in one/workstation type instruments. I had the best of times when making music with just a Korg Oasys, and later an Op-1.

Sadly I no longer have those instruments, but also I won’t go back to previous studio setups. Just keep moving forward with different things.

1 Like

Keep me updated how the live works for you!

Yeah I’m down for both but most hyped for Live too. I’m more in to classic, linear kind of composition than glitchy/random/loop vibes stuff so the MPC looks like what I’ve been waiting for. I dig random/weird too, hence my interest in DT, but hyped for how deep Live is for arrangement/layering etc and how flexible/visual it is for editing.

Live mostly appeals for (portable) ‘work’, DT for ‘pleasure’. And a fair amount of both those things in each of them too :wink:

Edit - Thinking about why I’m interested in each box and it’s for totally different things. No real comparison/competition besides release date :wink:

1 Like

Pretty much my thoughts on the 2.

1 Like

DT for me,

MPC live seems great but I don’t want a daw in a box.

Eye, they have totally different aims and one isn’t designed to accomplish the task of another tho doesn’t mean it won’t/can’t…

Live is the do it all bread and butter sampler/workstation that could actually replace your DAW… DT is a much simpler sampling drum machine with modern sequencer tricks at its core.

May as well be an electric vs acoustic guitar competition. :blush:

1 Like

I don’t really understand people continually saying the ‘daw in a box’ thing (not that that would be a bad thing if someone nailed it)… It’s no more a daw in a box than the old mpcs were?

Just has a better screen and better cpu/memory/connectivity etc… It integrates WITH your DAW. Doesn’t replace it…

The ‘daw in a box’ thing is just marketing. I’ll never be using the mpc for the things that a Daw excels at… It’s a polyphonic (multi)sampler + linear sequencer. Both things that my hardware setup is missing…

1 Like

My music is intentionally minimal/simple (Likemind, B12, Ifach) So the Mpc will be my DAW. If I don’t impatiently blow all the money on pedals.

2 Likes

Result :slight_smile: Would love to be able to minimise things like that here!

1 Like

Imo too, LIVE is a digital audio workstation in a box… as close to a take away Ableton setup you can get without a laptop. Has everything I need too make tunes too.

But I’ll still use pro tools for when I need more depth and for non music work…

if it can directly read the multi track files from my qu PAC jams on stick, I could genuinely ignore the computer for music production as I don’t use many plugins anyway.

I was just saying it seems great and maybe saying daw in a box is a bit dumb but, It just doesn’t interest me. Sample to pad play pad use piano roll etc Id buy maschine before this even though it gets you away from the computer its still a computer approach much like the mv8000.

Not saying its rubbish at all its a great product IMHO battery power take note elektron.

I’ll be doing a lot more than that on it :wink:

I get what you’re saying tho and all good, each to their own :slight_smile: I can see how it seems boring on paper :wink:

It’s kind of a practical purchase for me as much as anything else. But it has a TON or creative potential, not just a killer portable scratch pad. Just needs to get in the right hands. All the vids so far have sucked hard!