Digitakt v MPC Live: real buyers survey (UK£)

You are the Patrick Bateman of the thread!
Like it, what does your business card look like!

1 Like

i’m also hoping to be given the User Option (in a future OS) to change the colours, like on the original Amiga 1000.

These 3 definitely have a family resemblance (pad ethos)

https://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/styles/cta_scale_640/public/2-Circuit-Overhead_0_1.png

Digitakt is a little unique - I see what you mean about the computer aesthetics, personally i like it.
It almost a more scientific approach.

1 Like

Yeh DT looks great against those (Push a very close 2nd tho, even with the lit pads :wink: Think I’d just prefer it to have a little less of the ‘keyboard computer’ vibe and a bit more character. I dig minimal, apple style etc on phones/laptops. But it’s nice for an instrument to feel/look like an instrument. That’s always risky tho as mentioned above - Aira :confused:
DT seems like possibly the ‘safest’ way to design a box. Not going to offend anyone… And yeah the little touches like the lights fading etc are great. Guessing that in the flesh it’s going to look/feel very premium.

2 Likes

I love the design n interface of DT. gives me the feels something fierce :slight_smile:

I think it’s an upgrade to this Casio…

9 Likes

hehe it is and all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somebody once said on this forum that working with the OT is like making music on a scientific calculator…
I still remember because they were sort of right… :wink:

2 Likes

it’s difficult to surpass the trusty Casio calculator with functions, for sheer fun factor.

1 Like

actually very keen to view Rusty’s octatrack editing software in action … i don’t mind the file system although would actually prefer to arrange sets via computer … then play and further tweak on the OT, in a hypothetical scenario of reinvesting in an OT again.

i would also need to retrofit the octatrack with a purple screen/white text…
and the golden faceplate mod. the awesomeness would be too great not to achieve.

Don’t want to derail the thread too far but yes, as soon as I start making more than rent+food I’m in on Octaedit!
Motty, don’t worry about me I’m a neither… Just hanging out in the bleachers… :thup:

2 Likes

Carry on chaps I’m sure I can wheedle out the new scores in the morning.

2 Likes

You handsome man, you.

Sporting the classic DT-100-s in almost matching "Motty"sheepskin beige.
Respect!

1 Like

Indeed - the super comfy ear pads more than make up for the lacklustre bass response.

5 Likes

Fifty years of rockin’ da Coles lip M I C must chaff awfully though Motty?
Comfy ears do not a attractive Labia Oris make.
:lips:

1 Like

Push 2 is nice, have you seen the tear down video by Marcus Fuller? a very Svelte design

1 Like

nice maybe we need to make a calculator thread. :grinning:

4 Likes

Well, I suppose I have to point out that Casio already made a calculator into a synth. I own one, the Casio VL-1. I can’t say it’s fun to use, because it actually IS a calculator. They just added a synthesis engine to the calculator, so you have to control some of the functions via calculator commands. I’d rather give a hippopotamus an enema than try to write a whole album on my VL-1, but it’s a relic so I keep it.

We still have time though, Elektron might have a calculator right around the corner. All they have to do is use the Digitakt as a jumping-off point and do what Elektron does best: take away critical features so we have to buy their Elektron TI-86 next year to fill in the gaps.

I suppose someone should start a feature request thread for the Elektron Kalk.

2 Likes

The hippo imagery is powerful.

1 Like