Digitakt triggering loop start/stop on Line6 Helix?

Hey fellow musicians!

Well, the question is kinda simple. Can I/how do I make the Digitakt trigger the Line6 Helix’s looper to start and stop vi MIDI? If it is possible please explain it to me in details as I am pretty new to the MIDI world and really have a hard time understanding all the CC messages and so on…
Note: I already have my Digitakt sending MIDI cloc, so that the Line6 Helix’s tempo is in sync - I just need it to make a loop that fits(starts and ends) perfectly in grid.

Thanks in advance!! <3

According to page 57 of the Helix v2.0’s manual, the following MIDI Control Change (CC) messages can be used:

• CC 60 controls Record/Overdub; if you send CC 60 with a value in the range from 0 to 63 it will Overdub while if you send CC 60 with a value in the range from 64 to 127 it will Record;
  • CC 61 controls Play/Stop; if you send CC 61 with a value in the range from 0 to 63 it will Stop while if you send CC 61 with a value in the range from 64 to 127 it will Play.

So, for example, you need to do the following to send a Record message:

On the Digitakt, you need to use one of the MIDI tracks:

• set the MIDI channel number on the SRC page to match the MIDI Base Channel number on the Helix;
  • set up one of the CC slots on the CC SELECT page to use CC 60; and
  • set the corresponding value on the CC VALUE page to be somewhere in the range from 64 to 127.

I imagine that you need to parameter lock the CC message on the first step of your Digitakt pattern, but you will need to experiment.