Digitakt to modular clock

Hi all. This may be the point I sell the modular and buy into more Elektron but let’s see :slight_smile:

I have a Digitakt and want to clock Pamela’s New Workout with it via Mutant Brain.

I’ve tried every conceivable clock gate trigger timing combination in the MB SysEx I can think off but no matter what the PNW either doesn’t see external clock or considers it unstable.

I’m very close to selling up all the modules. But am seeing if anyone can figure this out.

Digitakt exports clock to MIDI on default channel 10.

Mutant Brain gets that clock, you can see the LED blinking in time.

Mutant Brain exports that as 24PPQN on a trigger.

PNW says unstable.

I’ve tried changing the default trigger length, I’ve tried every possible clock division. I’ve tried clock+run as well as just clock with run separate. I’ve tried praying. I’ve thrown some shit at the wall. All the usual stuff.

My fear is PNW is only happy as the master clock, in which case all the modules will be on ebay within a week. And I’ll buy something else with Elektron stamped on it because they just seem to work for me.

Not sure if this is the answer you want but i have an ALM mmMIDI that i use to clock my PNW to my DT DN and M:C with absolutely no problem. They aren’t that expensive. Got my on sale from Perfect Circuit for 97.

That being said there is a setting on the PNW for what clock it wants to recieve. Maybe that needs to be calibrated to 24PPQNs? I’m pretty sure that’s the default but maybe yours got changed somehow.

I dunno it seems to be a bit random. Reading around I keep finding people having issues, they all buy more stuff or use PNW as the master clock in the end.

Mine is set to 24PPQN. I’ve tried everything I can. It could be the Mutant Brain. I just think, is it worth the pain when for double the cost of the two modules I could get an Analogue Four and get all that extra goodness for effectively £350?

I clock my Digitakt from PNW via the Pexp-2:

Pamela prefers to be the boss.

I have:

Digitakt to Mutant brain and then to [external clock in on] Stepperacid.

I had a few issues then set the Stepperacid to 4 PPQN (from reading the Stepperacid manual).

On the mutant brain my sync settings are as per the attached

1 Like

I had a clock problem with the digtakt to modular. Though I found a great solution. The Midimuso Octex. its a midi to cv converter. So on the digitakt, i used a midi lfo assigned to like pitch or any cc. The midimuso octex converts it cv and there is the perfect clock that can be controlled with the digitakt. You might be able to do this with any midi to cv converter. Though the midimuso has 8 outputs for gate and cv. 24 pin header to rewire or add more outputs.

1 Like

Broke the modular up today to sell it all. Keeping Echophon and maybe will get a Morphagene, but that’ll be it. Baby rack, everything else Elektron or the piano :slight_smile:

And it feels like the right thing to do.