Digitakt to Keystep to (CC) Volca modular

just added a Volca Modular to my setup.

I use a keystep into Digitakt then out to all my Synths

I have been able to control my Modular from the Keystep but I’ve seen a few things in the interwebs about using the Keystep as a MIDI to CV passthrough but no specifics on how.

when I run MIDI back into my keystep it passes it to the Modular but it passes EVERYTHING back to the modular as CV.

sounds wild but not really what I’m after.

so I’m wondering if there is a way to make the Keystep ignore all Midi input except channel 7 and send that to CV

Thanks

1 Like

Similarly curious, if I could use my Keystep to translate a midi track from my Digitakt into cv for my DFAM. If you’re still hanging around here on Elektronauts: Did you end up working this out? Or someone else knows?

I’m going through the Keystep manual but can’t yet really work out if it only outputs cv played on the Keystep itself or if it can pass on incoming midi to cv. (Didn’t even think yet about the Keystep receiving the different midi channels from the Digitakt - as DT is also sequencing a Bass Station - but if I remember correctly you should be able to choose the midi channel for KS in the Arturia software to set it up)

One year later, has anyone got the answer to this?
I am trying to send MIDI out from Digitakt (notes, values and ccs) into Keystep and then use CV Pitch, Gate and Mod to a modular system. Keystep has MIDI Thru allowed.