Digitakt tips and tricks

Is there any way to sort of stop a sample playing? like a long sample?

wish there was a TRACK + STOP or something like that

im talking about firing them off manually - if i trigger a long sample with the trig key, but want to stop it, it seems like theres no way

You could reduce the release in the amp page to 0

Maybe STOP STOP?

yeah just hit the stop button twice

That kills everything tho, not the individual sample

I just wanna stop it playing, so I can play it again.

u can do it on the OT but not here I suppose

edit: actually amp release does the trick, just gotta put it back where it was thanks @Aksdnt

Change the track to an empty sample slot and trig…? Then back to the sample you want ans trig again…not so elegant but plockable should you wish…

Fake stereo effect with the delay…

Set the Delay with these settings.

(It won’t result in an audible delay… it will just make the sample sound wide)

TIME= 1.00

WID= 59.00

FDBK= 34

Send the track you want to widen to the Delay at a high rate.

Use the filter in the delay settings and adjust according the sample you’re using

Trips and ticks

Putting this here for posterity:

Loading samples in a particular order

Notice this guy holding stop and playing with the play button in the first minute of this clip. Neat trick

I ran into this one last night… it’s obvious, but still very cool.

With 1.11 you can use [NO] while holding the [TRK] button to undo control-all changes.
If you hold [TRK] and tap [NO] with your left hand, while turning an encoder with your right hand, you can tap [NO] to any rhythm.

On this clip from 0:6 - 0:14 I’m turning tune down, and tapping [NO]

Edit - Note that you could do this with [FUNC] + [NO] in the old version, but now you can stack control-all changes. You release [TRK] to keep your control-all tweaks running, then do what I did above, then use [FUNC] + [NO] to go back to the original pattern.

Best regards,

Gino

May have been shared before, and not “technically” a Digitakt specific tip:

I use a bpm to pitch calculator for working with samples. So let’s say I have a sample that’s 98 bpm and I want bring it to 88 bpm, I’ll know more accurately how to pitch the sample to preserve timing. I personally use the WhippinPost one ( I think that’s the name, forgive me) and it’s super handy.