Digitakt tips and tricks

P-lock each variation of notes in the chord using this method :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think this is quite what I was looking for.

I’m trying to figure out if Digitakt has something like multi-map mode, where trig keys on a single track can be used to actively play a sound/sample instead of using p-locks. I went back through the manual and I didn’t see anything like this.

1 Like

with an external controller, yes.
iirc, playing C0 to G0 on a controller (set to the DT’s autotrack) should work.

I’ve been procrastinating about making a DT tutorial video for ages but have a far from “pro” set up for shooting and editing videos, so finally decided to just shoot this quick and dirty with my old iphone 6 and iMovie.

It’s nothing innovative, I just wanted to throw a video up but it’s a good trick to know.

10 Likes

Keeping this thread alive with another quick tip, not something I’ve seen mentioned before.

13 Likes

Hopefully some of you find these useful and I’m not just spamming this thread! :joy:

23 Likes

Awesome video and a great demonstration of what you can do with the DT with just a sine wave. Thank you for this!

1 Like

WoW
To the contrary man.
What you can do with a simple sine wave…
Love your reverb settings.
Thanks a lot for sharing.
Already had a look at your previous video on making a kick which was very helpful and informative.
Keep spamming if this is what spamming is about :slight_smile:
Peace :pray:

3 Likes

Good to hear! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great videos deepmoses. Please keep sharing them when you can!

2 Likes

Just tried this with the new, amazing OS:
Using CTRL ALL with the second filter you can do some sort of HPF/LPF on all tracks… pretty cool for buildups. Also: if you hold TRK (for the quick reload command) you can press FUNC and go to the DELAY parameters, tweaks those as well, then get back to the filter for some more tweaking (or whatever else)… then press NO to revert to the previous state.

7 Likes

Make a banging beat. Drop all percussion and leave your bass, pad/ atmosphere to hang.
Ctrl all delay send
Delay page - increase feedback to 105
Starts to self-osscilate
Low cut on the delay frequencies
Delay builds up more
More low cut on delay
More
More
Reload pattern

The reloaded pattern starts to fade in underneath the self osscilating delay, which smoothly comes back to initial values.

Dope beat comes back with full power, pumping the compression and delay tail, heads start nodding.

27 Likes
1 Like

Great vid. Thanks.

1 Like

Thank u, glad you found it helpful! More coming soon

Single beat repeat for builds:

Sorry if this has been posted before or if it’s obvious but realised you can do beat repeat style looping for builds, similar to what you have on digital mixing controllers.
So the idea is to loop a single beat of your sequence for a build and then kick back in with full sequence again.

So for this example I’m using a 4 bar sequence and the main trick is getting the timing right when you hit the buttons to reduce the length.

-press ‘func’ and ‘page’ buttons to enter pattern length (make sure it’s set to ‘per pattern’ so all parts are same length)
-on the first beat of the first bar hit the ‘page’ button (reducing sequence to 1 bar)
-immediately hit button ‘4’ on the off beat (reducing sequence to 1 beat)
-press ‘func’ and ‘page’ to come out of pattern length
-hold ‘trk’ and do a nice filter sweep for your build
-hit ‘func’ and ‘no’ to bring your sequence back in at height of build

Hope that makes sense, and there’s obviously different variations you can do depending on length of sequence or how many beats you want repeating, it’s just working out what beat or off beat of the bar to hit the buttons on.
I only mix on vinyl but think when you do this kind of thing with digital mixing controllers it’s a bit more automatic so you don’t go out of time, bit more fiddly on the digitakt but once you get your head round the timing it’s pretty easy.

5 Likes

Alrighty, after a wee hiatus I’m back with another Quick & Dirty tutorial.
It’s nothing groundbreaking but cool technique to know :slight_smile:

6 Likes

In this Quick & Dirty Tutorial I’m throwing together a deep house groove in under 10 minutes and you can see how I go about getting something that sounds good quickly. Hope it helps!

5 Likes

Cool trick I learned over the weekend while jamming with a friend. The “trig preview” function works while the sequence is playing (of course it does). So you can set up a bunch of trigs, set them to “fill” trig condition, make sure you are in grid mode, then you can play them live while the sequence is running! Lots of applications. From sampled chords to vocal samples to whatever y’al can think of!!!

9 Likes

Just discovered something very interesting. Maybe this has always been here or maybe it was included in an update but either way it’s freaking awesome. I’ve talked on here before about how in the Audio routing section of the project menu you can disconnect tracks from the master and still send them to the effects, in a sense creating a “100% wet” effect. Well I always thought that was the only way to do it and that the effect had to be global but i was looking at the Project menu today and at the bottom it has an audio routing section! You can do this per pattern. Whats great is that you can restore things to their original settings by reloading the pattern. It’s great to send everything to the reverb and then cut. the verb to before the compressor and really get things pumping for some interesting variation. This works for the DN as well.

12 Likes