Digitakt sync to external when changing patterns

Does Digitakt have the same issue as Octatrack when synced to external device?
Thanks a lot!

Mod Edit : In the future please aim to provide more descriptive titles and qualified questions - or ideally search

What issue?

1 Like

That it can t sync properly.

Explain what you mean? It’s too vague.

1 Like

It is known issue with Octatrack that it doesn t properly sync to external clock, especially when changing patterns.

It’s still being worked on for all Elektron boxes:

According to who?

What problem are you actually experiencing?

1 Like

So you say it s the same with all the Elektron boxes?

I’m saying that there’s an acknowledged issue to do with syncing two or more current Elektron boxes when they are each running their own scale menu settings. But this will get fixed at some point in the near future, I hope. As for syncing OT or DT with other gear, I’m not aware of any issues.

I had a Digitakt for years, never experienced any midi sync issues (except for some Ableton shenanigans pre-overbridge) and it was usually synced to an external midi clock.

Don’t know anything about program change issues, never used program change messages.

I’ve had an Octatrack for six months and haven’t experienced any MIDI issues (again, have used as master and receiver for midi sync, but haven’t used program change messages).

When switching patterns manually, I haven’t experienced any MIDI or sync issues with any Elektron devices.