Digitakt Strange Behaviour, Filter Random Automation

Hi, first post here so thanks in advance for any suggestions…
The filter on my Digitakt is sweeping the attack parameter, under it’s own steam. This is across all patterns sequencer running or stopped. No destination set for the LFO, not connected to a DAW.

OS1.11Beta6, has been fine for the whole time I’ve had it (Jan2019) until tonight.

Baffled, quick vid below,

Digitakt Filter Random Automation??

Startup test mode shows no errors.

1 Like

The only time I’ve been able to see the automation on my screen like that is when I send midi in. You’re sending midi in?

No midi, it was sending to the digitone but I unplugged and the behaviour still continued. Digitone wasn’t sending any midi.

Remove all midi connections from the the digitakt and start a new project. Does the behavior still exist?

1 Like

is any chance is problem with encoder?
I have small problem with some of my encoders
which have appear similar this.
is value change on own accord, however
it change the value depend on menu page on.
Think I must get new encoders.
disapointing after only 18months old is.

Strange, the behaviour stopped as abruptly as it started, before I could try a new project. It had continued through a few power cycles and no midi leads plugged in. The USB to the computer was still plugged in but nothing running except the browser.

Pretty sure it wasn’t the encoder as it wasn’t behaving like that when switching menu pages, just the filter attack.
I’m non the wiser but at least it’s stopped for now, but I am left with random filter attack settings on every pattern I switched between while it was happening.

Thanks for the replies

I have a similar issue with external hardware receiving MIDI from the Digitakt. assign one of the DT’s knob to a MIDI CC and suddenly the CC starts sweeping up and down as if it has an LFO assigned to it (and it doesn’t). Annoying as hell, have racked my brain and tried everything to isolate the issue but come up short so far

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature! Two LFOs per track on the DT!

Sorry, bad joke but I couldn’t resist :sweat_smile:

Haha, I wish!