Digitakt stops when playing a note on Digitone

Hello!

I’m new to the Elektron club with a Digitakt and Digitone. I love the capabilities so far, but I’m really puzzled by a problem I’m encountering. Im making some different patterns. After moving to pattern 4 the digitakt stops playing after pressing a single note on the Digitone. The digitakt works fine on pattern 4 until pressing a note. The type of sound doesn’t seem to matter. Chromatic mode doesnt either.

Why does this happen? Am I missing something? Hope somebody can help out! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!

Quite possibly. Could you describe:

• how you have connected the two instruments?
  • how you are listening to the sound from them both?
  • what exactly you are doing on both instruments when the problem occurs?

If description is difficult, it may be helpful to post a video of the problem.

Sorry for the late reply but i had a feeling that it was a one off problem with my digitakt and i didnt see anybody else with this problem. But I’ve been encountering it again, and always on the same pattern(pattern 4).

I have the digitakt as the master and digitone as the slave in my setup. Midi out to Midi in. I use also use a keystep and a Model D, but the problem also occurs without them. The sound goes through a audio interface, but also occurs without it.

What happens is that the 8 channels of the digitakt are playing in channel 4, and that when i press one note on the digitone, all 8 digitakt channels stop playing sound, but it is still working and playing through the notes. Just the sound goes away. Its very weird. I had this problem with both the old as the new update.

I am having exact same issue, were you able to solve it?

Does the sound from the digitakt also disappear from headphones out?

Since the digitakt is the master, and the only other connections is audio through an interface, it seems to be DAW-related?

/thomas

I dont use DAW. Just DT+DN, which are setup as shown here https://youtu.be/gq6oUVZ-1wQ . My headphones are connected to DN I didn’t check what happens on the headphone output on DT while issue occurs. Shall I? Wil it help? Thanks for the answer.

Hmm - is the Master settings part of the pattern on the Digitone? That could be worth checking - and of course if “IN L” and “IN F” differs between the patterns.

/Thomas

1 Like

This thread

Correct workflow with digitakt - #9 by tvvinflame

Might go into a few details.

/Thomas

Thanks! You nailed it. Thought In L and In R is common for all patterns. I feel stupid now :slight_smile: Hope that helps someone else too later :slight_smile:

2 Likes