Digitakt shipped without content

Just got an new Digitakt without any content. What should I do?

You can likely download and install it from elektron.se. Once you register your device you might be able to see the factory content for download.

Are you sure? I was under the impression that the DT factory content cannot be removed. What makes you think there is no content?

Have you tried to restore it to factory settings?

/thomas

…brandnew!?..where did u purchase?

send it right back and insist on a replacement machine…

Thanks guys. It’s a b-stock. I did a factory reset and found the samples, don’t know if I was just being a noob, but got scared for a bit
Already jamming :slight_smile:

4 Likes

…ah…happy end…enjoy…that’s damned good stock content u got there in front of u now…

don’t miss out on the tools folder…
those single cycle waveforms u’ll find there all just make a little clik pop noise in first place…
turn on loop and then hold ur breath…

even if u’d never gonna sample a single thing on ur own…what’s in there already is an endless field of exploration once u really start to use takts sonic options…have fun …

6 Likes

Seconded, There are some incredibly nice single cycles on the DT.

4 Likes

Yes! that was definitely in mind when deciding to buy the Digitakt! Lots of exploring to do :slight_smile:

Any idea where they are from?
Adventure Kids maybe?

No no, they’re all made by me. Used various machines to make them, 0-coast, Mc-202, Ableton Operator, Max/Msp etc…

9 Likes

I bought quite a few DT sound sets cause I liked them so much and I do t even have a DT or OT yet. :slight_smile:

Cool! One more reason to get a DT^^

If you are interested in more single cycle waveforms:

It´s an insane pack! Will keep you busy for a very long time.

Another recommendation is Samples from Mars.
Sale has just ended for the Complete Edition. Though 100 bucks is still a steal for what you get.
It comes with 16bit Mars Essential pack, which is around 700MB and fits nicely on the Digitakt and gives you a ton of great samples to work with. ( if you only interested in this for the Digitakt, you can buy it seperately as well)

2 Likes