Digitakt sends program change with double stop

I noticed something odd, and since I am not a midi expert, I thought I would ask here.

I have a Digitakt that I want to be the master controller for transport and other things.

I was testing it today with a 1010 Music Blackbox. Digitakt midi out to Blackbox midi in.

I started with a new blank Project and pattern on the Digitakt. Hitting play on the Digitakt starts the Blackbox and hitting stop, stops it just fine. However if I hit stop fast a couple times, it changes the program in the Blackbox. I have not entered any program changes in the Digitakt. What am I missing? How can I troubleshoot.

Thanks. A.

Disable PROG CH SEND in Settings >> Midi Config >> Sync

I want to be able to send program changes, but none were specified on this track.

Does pressing stop fast multiple times, send a program change?

That particular setting is for syncing up multiple elektron boxes, you can still send program changes with the midi tracks if you disable that.
Pressing stop twice sends the program change for the current pattern if it’s enabled.

1 Like

Try disabled the program change send in the midi settings menu. That setting is for auto setting program changes on pattern switch.

You will still be able to send program changes from midi tracks with that option disabled in the settings menu.

1 Like

Stop once! :content:

Yes, disable this, or if you need it to sync other gear, choose an unused midi channel.

Hi there,
I’m still having an issue with that even with PROG CH SEND being disabled.
Any thoughts?
I’m clocking a novation Summit and when I double hit stop it messes with the current summit patch.
Interestingly enough this only occurs when I have a midi track routed to the Summit’s midi channel. If no Midi track is routed to any of the Summit’s channels, not having this issue.
This is particularly annoying at the moment though as of course, I’d like to sequence the Summit with the DT.
Any help appreciated!

I’ve been watching back and forth this page for a while in hopes for answers. I have the same problem with the digitakt sending this unwanted double stop propagation affecting my MBase. An answer or an update would be much appreciated. :blush: