Digitakt Sample pool limit-Questions

What exactly is the Digitakt sample pool limit on a project? I have reached it on a live set project and I am not using that many samples, in fact quite a bit less than using 8 samples per pattern on a 16 pattern project. The factory patterns are probably within the other banks of my project. I have already deleted all the samples I am not using on my live set bank. How can I get more samples in?

127 samples or 64mb whatever gets hit first.

2 Likes

And is there a way to edit the sample pool?? I’m having a hell of a time getting a recorded sample added to my project because “sample pool full.” I’m getting a little frustrated myself, but I feel like the device is worth KNOWING HOW TO DO stuff with it. I would like to be able to add and subtract sounds to and from the pool (the 127). I realize this post is old, but if anybody has a method or trick for organizing the internal sound library, while still having access to it, help please! Lay it on me! THANK YOU :pray:t3:

As previously stated, 127 samples or 64mb RAM. You’re almost always limited by the former before the latter.

Look into creating “sample chains” either in your DAW or resampling a preprogrammed pattern from the internals of the Digitakt. It’s not as easy as it is on the Octatrack but it’s easily possible and the main solution to the limitation of 127 samples/project. Then you simply trig lock the sample at the desired start points to sample the piece of the sample chain you want.

1 Like

You can go into samples from the setup menu. While there hit the right arrow and select view ram. There you can remove sample from the current project ram there.

Alternatively, in the src page with the sample slot list open press func+ yes to replace the current slot with a sample from the +drive.

2 Likes

Hey folks, thanks A MILLION for those instructions . I figured those solutions out to where I’m at least hanging with the data structure by the skin of my teeth (an improvement), but NO way near where I hope to be. There is SO MUCH to learn. I had a Virus TI for quite some time and I have to figure that if I learned to navigate wave synthesis and to write over 200 original patches on that thing, I should be able to figure this out. Speaking of the Virus, I wonder if some of the people who created Virus Control (Access’s accompanying proprietary integration client/VST/AU, similar to Overbridge but quite a bit more expansive) had anything to contribute to Overbridge development. Seems like the two houses would make natural allies. Particularly with whatever competition must have existed, a forfeit to Elektron seems a forgone conclusion. Also, thanks for letting it slide when I wrote “sample pool,” as opposed to “sound pool.” Rookie errors. Anyway sorry for the long message too much coffee evidently. Now, an aspirin, and back to Data Architecture. Thanks again really, BIG help!!!

2 Likes