Digitakt >Rytm >Octatrack?

i want to route the digitakt into the analog Rytm then the Rytm into the Octatrack,
I’ve plugging it into the ext in on the Rytm but I cannot hear the digitakt.
Is this possible? If so does anyone know why not getting any sound passing through the Rytm… Thanks

it’s possible, yes. but what I remember gain staging the stuff is not cool

I’m not getting any sound after plugging into Rytm

Trying to run everything into the Octatrack.
Digitone into A4 into Octatrack
Digitakt into Rytm into Octatrack

Can’t hear either DN or DT…
Set up thru machines can hear both A4 and Rytm

Thought I had this figured out… main out of DT into ext in does nothing…
Must be something or a setting I’m unaware of checked manual no luck

why not DT into DN?

have you turned up the input level in your A4 fx track?

2 Likes

Just worked out was because of overbridge plugin after pulling out cords etc.
Both DT and DN won’t work with plugins still in ableton.
A4 and Rytm do still work while plugins loaded :tired_face:

Why that way ? I’m testing different ways of routing at moment since I got the OT
My theory was have instrument group on AB
And Drums on CD

1 Like

because the DN has a stereo input with level control.
The Rytm not even level control for the input as far as I know.
You can also send the inputs through all fx in the DN.
So DN is much better suited for external instruments than AR

3 Likes

Thanks didn’t realise this yet as have only been using Everything through overbridge.
That is great but now have the Octatrack it’s made me want to try running things into it.
And it’s made it more complicated tbh lose overbridge or have live performance type setup

1 Like

Nice set-up but… it may be time for you to consider getting a real mixer so that you can adjust each unit’s output to the right level/placement. I know this a stretch but…if you are interested in performing live, look at a 12-ch (6-fader) DJ mixer like the Xone:96 or Model 1. They’re mad expensive but modern alternatives to regular line-fader mixers. I’ve found that if you start working around these smaller format mixers with excellent signal routing/sound shaping tools, it allows you to perform quick & direct changes…it also centralizes your workflow and focus. My top recommendation for this is Allen&Heath’s Xone:464. A few of them exist on eBay, etc… They were unrealized at the time because they were sold as installation mixers but they can be purposed as an analog hub for your units. They can be pricey to economical but are a choice option to centralize your live rig. (Think of this as the Xone:92’s bigger sister).

3 Likes

hmm this should work both at the same time

i Considered getting a big mixer with possibly multitrack but I’ve literally run out of room.
I was trying to get the most out of the Octatrack and the effects on the scenes as that was my latest purchase. I’m more into production rather than live sets but would like to produce in a live type way also, so trying to find a middle ground
Maybe just a proper mixer like you said might be a better option though,
But it def would have to wait until I move to a bigger space

I bet a mixer is a nice addition but it needs a lot of space. I route elektrons via their audio inputs all the time
If you turn the inputs all up you can set the levels of each machine via their own main volume… most of them don‘t have individual outs anyway

2 Likes

Seems you only have audio from overbridge USB or main output but not both on the digi’s
The analog ones can do both from overbridge and main out at same time

1 Like

Have you considered a rackmount line mixer? Something like the Ashly LX-308B Line Mixer or the Samson SM10 might work nicely for you since space is of a premium

2 Likes

Cheers, I’ll check it out

Dude, I know. This is understandable, but disappointing all the same

1 Like

If only it had overbridge it would work with everything else.
All good, guess will just have to have 2 types of setups, with and without the OT mixer.
The ot is great but a updated version would be better.
will trade up if they do eventually make one

I BELIEVE that, since you can send audio back and forth between OB devices, you should be able to rig Ableton audio(including your DN/DT) to the OB hardware outputs- it just dawned on me, so I haven’t tried it.

Will have to, though because that would perfect my studio

1 Like

If you work a good way to get the most out of the OT scenes without losing overbridge let me know :+1:

1 Like