Digitakt retail box dimensions

Hi, does anyone know the dimensions of the blue box that the Digitakt comes in?

If someone still has theirs at hand, a quick measure in mm, cm, inches whatever you like.

That would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you.

30cm x 29cm x 13cm

3 Likes

Way too big
Missed opportunity to create a box that can be used as a carry case…

Thanks, tengig!

Helped me a lot :beer:

1 Like

You mean like how Behringer package their mics for retail

1 Like

That looks like a waffle iron!

2 Likes

That is Nice…
Many ways to do this… I think it is good If elektron thinks start to end… people do Carry their machines… So Why not make them easy to carry? Or does elektron wants uw to pay extra for this?

1 Like

i’ve been of the opinion that microphone carry cases need to be redesigned for years,
just for the sake of enjoyability

the machinedrum case is a fabulous portable protection unit
the way the unit is held gently yet securely is testament to fabulous Swedish design
irritating cliche yet true all the same

The Roli seaboard ships in an awesome box that I’m still using for gigs!

It’s some kind of tough-ass black styrofoam and it shuts nice and snug… Durable and protective

1 Like

Quite possibly… but I don’t think it’s entirely a marketing strategy. It probably mostly is though…

It’d be great if they came with custom cases/bags, like some guitars, but I guess there are people out there who just wouldn’t use them at all (ie. never leaving the studio)… so it kinda makes sense to not include it with the machine, which would increase the price.

I went to amsterdam by hitchhiking
Took an empty rugsack with me, to Carry the small digitakt back home
Didnt fit :frowning:

Not a good user experience, I think
Makes no sense to create such a big box

Many music stores look like big warehouses these days
Such big boxes make no sense for them too

I love Digitakt though…

I have a bagpack and the box fits nicely and plenty of room left for cables, headphone etc. And it’s not that big of a backpack. Check out Samsonite. Amazing how much room they have in their smaler backpacks.

I’m now looking for a case that fits 2 digitakts though :stuck_out_tongue:

It does, doesn’t it. But it doesn’t have to look like that. It can be a square with Elektron Digitakt engraved.

For a small size like the Digitakt, it wouldn’t cost Elektron much, maybe $5.00 a case to make. I see hard cases (material-wise) like the Behringer at prices of $7.49 to $19.99 all the time. It could jack the price up by $20 or more though.