Digitakt reliability?

im on 1.04 and ive only had one freeze since i got it a couple weeks ago. the freeze was while saving my first project. im using midi but only for sequencing/controlling my monomachine, i have had no issue with midi

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never had a product with rubber pads, but are those not usually pressure sensitive? The digitakt buttons are not; so you wouldnā€™t have to strike them as much as just press them on beat. The DT buttons feels pretty sturdy to me but I donā€™t feel like banging on them hard with my fingers. I feel like they bottom out with plastic against plastic and plastic becomes more brittle with time. I play pretty much the same as you, bent over like the hunchback of notre dame. :grin:

Iā€™ve had a couple times where I threw the on-switch and nothing happened. Iā€™d freak out a bit and throw it a couple more times and eventually actually does power on. Has anyone else run into this?

Iā€™d consider opening a support ticket with Elektron. You may have a bad power supply and theyā€™d be best to respond to you.

1 Like

Yes, this happened to me after a hard crash, got a slight panic for it. I believe the recomendation is to wait 30 secs for some internal capacitors to discharge before resetting, after a power off

5 Likes

My Digitakt bricked itself after updating to 1.03. It was consequently returned to Sweetwater. I opted to preorder a Rytm MKII instead of getting a new Digitakt, as I just donā€™t trust the reliability of the Digitakt TBH. Mine froze when I was using it in stand alone mode - not synced to anything else, nothing plugged into it other than power cable and L/R outs.

The lack of song mode was also a major deal breaker for me.

Eh, thatā€™s bad news, some say it is depending on the setup, but if itā€™s freezing in standaloneā€¦ You didnā€™t try 1.04?

No, after it bricked with 1.03 I was never able to get it working again. I tried everything for a week, but it would never boot past the screen where the Elektron logo starts to swish away to the right. It would freeze in exactly the same part of the logo swishing away everytime.

Elektron support asked me to send it back to them, but I just did donā€™t want to mess with shipping a brand new machine back to be serviced at that point.

Hereā€™s a pic of my DT where it froze every time.

2 Likes

I could get into the early startup menu, but it wouldnā€™t do anything from there. I tried updating it again to 1.03, and I tried a factory reset. Nothing worked.

1 Like

Just wanted to report that last night I played a 3 1/2 hour set with DT and experienced zero issues. It worked perfectly. I did plenty of copy/pasting, saving and reloading, navigating the sample libraries etc. I wasnā€™t sequencing any external midi and DT was the master clock for MD, MnM, a Boss DD-500, and Midi-CV via CV.OCD. Iā€™m running 1.04 obviously.

5 Likes

So i finally got myself Digitakt. I have to say i am pleasantly surprised !

It looks much better in person than in photos, it fills better than my A4 mkI, much better. No problems so far ( after a month ). Sounds great

Great work Elektron