Digitakt receiving inconsistent MIDI Clock from DAW

Oh wow! This is a wonderful idea.

Forgive me if this is already covered but for those of you that have used the ERM Midiclock or multiclock , have you been able to use it as a master and slave Ableton without any sync issues?

i doubt you can slave ableton with no issuesā€¦
from what on know, on windows all internal services are scheduled within 1ms of delay., and midi does the same. I dont know if a multiclock is able to sync with ableton by a different protocol than midi feeding, otherwise i would just prefer to keep ableton as master and do my best to keep slaved devices on time.
if somebody is interested in I am gonna develop a low cost (40$) audio to midi clock device, not much time to devote to this task, but with proper support, maybe kickstarting, it would be easier to me to let it land

Wonā€™t work great that way. For optimal results you have to set your daw as master and set the multiclock to follow an audio sync signal.
Not possible the other way around.

Iā€™ve done it that way with great results using an audio in to the multiclock but the Midiclock only has two midi outs therefore wondering if either unit can work tight as master clock. Have you tried it? Forgot to say Iā€™ve since sold my multiclock so I canā€™t experiment now

Either will work great as a master clock, if no computer is involvedā€¦

As I said, with a computer in the equation, you need a clock that is able to follow an audio signal coming from your audio interface to get the best results.

I guess the same would apply to slaving an mpc live?

With the MPC live i think you also have the ability to use Ableton link sync protocol.

It should work great!

Suprised to hear you say that I always thought of the MPC live as a DAW in a box , therefore would have thought it would suffer from the same slave issues?

I appreciate your offer, super cool of you. I wonā€™t ask for your time like that, Iā€™m going to try and figure out if I can do it based on what your post said.

i have no experience with the ableton link or the mpc live.
but midi sync between computer/hardware is such a mess ā€œas isā€ā€¦ i think that a new protocol is very welcome.