Digitakt out now!

That’s referred to as “AutoPurr” in the music industry.

1 Like

Anyone know when they arrive to Canada retailers

1 Like

That is a bit worrisome. Weren’t the buttons and encoders supposed to be higher quality in DT compared to earlier units? I have never seen that happen with A4/AR/OT…

I called Long & Mcqaude yesterday and was told they dont know… I’m supposed to have received off their first batch :tada:

I don’t think it’s cheaper build quality at all. Give it a bit of time, the button may need some easing in. Had the same happen with buttons and push encoders on other new elektron machines.

think it’s mainly cheaper because the electronics are far, far simpler than in the analog machines. Less component cost, and less R&D costs in developing the board. Perhaps it’s something like the exact same board as the Heat, but minus the analog things? The software, pretty sure it is a spinoff from the AR/A4 OS (talking about +drive, projects, sequencer backend etc, sound engine, and all the things you don’t see/hear directly, like USB I/O and so on). So, also less R&D necessary…

Now, those saved costs went into making it cheaper, but also into researching/designing/developing a fresh UI with new parts, and of course tweaking the software to support the nice new graphics, MIDI sequencing, sampling workflow etc…

imo.

4 Likes

My local shop had the last one, couldnt resist.

Have to cancel my preorder or something, haha

On flip side:

YAAAAAAY, picking it up tomorrow.

Edit: I feel like i’ve just finished a marathon and all you guys at the finish are giving me hugggs and high fiving me.

1 Like

To those who ordered direct with Elektron on “go live day” - have you heard anything yet? I’ve still not heard a thing.

1 Like

Still no word from Elektron. They had my money for 4 days now via PayPal. Not happy.

2 Likes

Spooky timing! haha

1 Like

nothing.

:frowning:

and it costs more than some other places i couldve ordered from.
and not entirely sure how to cancel my order from elektron if they pop up locally/quicker.

ah… the waiting for new gear…

Anyone ordered direct from elektron to UK? If in stock and delivered that how how long does it usually take?

Thanks

got a mail from bax that my unit is shipped. great, because a few days ago they said 6-6 as earliest date. :blush:

5-8 days after payment according to Simon

3 Likes

neither have I

Order number 952465.
Still in “paid” status.

Mine is significantly lower (300ish), not shipped yet either.

I do have seven numbers, maybe its because its bax germany. but its shipped, thats what counts

1 Like

you are a lucky guy…

That’s when they arrive at BAX hq tho, they will process them first and then ship out. My guy there told me 6-7th they arrive, 8/9th shipping to customers.

edit: nevermind haha it’s DE not NL sorry

The DT is cheaper because inside you probably only find an ARM microcontroller and some nice DAC and ADC chips.

The microcontroller is probably the same as you’ll find in the A4/AR/AK.

The A4/AR/AK pcbs are more expensive to make because they have a lot of components with a more complex layout. This makes it take more time to manufacture and assemble their boards, and they’ll have a higher defect rate.

The DM/MM/OT were/are probably more expensive because those used separate DSPs for the sound generation.

3 Likes