Digitakt OS 1.40A (Now 1.40B) is here - Song mode fixes, Fill fixes

Yeah that is quite strange.

2 Likes

Anyone else ever encounter stuck notes while muting sample tracks at certain points in a phrase? I haven’t upgraded to B yet.

I’ll send support a message

1 Like

Yes I believe I have

Did any of you report it to Elelktron? I haven’t upgraded yet, still on pre-song mode and will stay there a little while more…

1 Like

Yeah it is reported and they are aware of it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And see it as something that needs fixing? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We’ll have to wait and see :slight_smile: Apparently it originally was an “accidental feature” haha.

2 Likes

I ws suspecting that. These are the worse! Let’s hope! (I must admit I didn’t know about it and wished for it for a long time haha)

I can still somehow access them by pressing [FUNC] and long press [TRK] and revert back to grid recording by pressing [FUNC]+ tap [TRK].
Is that what you both mean? Never used this feature before…

1 Like

Yeah. When in GRID REC mode, holding TRK will make it possible to use quick mutes and use FILL (and its variations: latch FILL and cue FILL). Current latest firmware this is not possible anymore though.

3 Likes

I thought I was the only one who didn’t upgrade the Digis to the song mode firmware! I almost did, but then there were these bugs, then there were bug fixes, then I got lazy, then there were these other bugs…

4 Likes

Same here….

Hmmm… Elektron, Akai/inMusic, Native Instruments. Currently the bigger ones seem to fight with the same demons. Maybe to a different extent.

1 Like

IIRC, the DT generally doesn’t mute audio, it just mutes TRIGS. So, if you have a long note for example, you’ll still hear that note lasting (even when the audio channel is muted). And that might feel like a stuck note sometimes. Does this make sense in your scenario?

3 Likes

Yes and no as I probably don’t understand what you said 100% but not due to your explanation. Under this scenario would that seemingly stuck note only stop once mute is engaged and disengaged? As that’s the only way that that it stops. I guess the note is being held which actually is useful to me if it were by design.

2 Likes

Hi @onthebannedwagon
I don’t know your pattern. But it really depends on your TRIG settings.

Just tested it myself — set your sample to LOOP and length to INF. Put this TRIG on 1. Hit play (unmuted channel) and mute it after it got triggered. The note is being held that way. Because MUTE on the DT means: please don’t play any new trigs on this channel. :wink:

I find „mute“ a bit misleading here, because when you hit mute on a mixer for example, the channel will become silent — no matter what. :mute:

Long story short:
unmute/mute on mixer = sound/silence
unmute/mute on DT: play trigs or not :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hey AM, thanks for the clarification, that helps. Gonna head home and mess out with it.

1 Like

Has anyone experienced issues with patterns resetting to default on power-up?

I’ve had 3 occasions now where my jam from the previous night got erased with only the trigs being left intact.

Never had this issue on <1.40A

Was about to post something similar.

I’m running 1:40B - If I have a project (with a bunch of patterns in it) and I ‘turn on song mode it literally erases everything and sets me to an empty project. Pretty annoying!

1 Like