Digitakt OS 1.05

Ah, ok. If you go to receive pattern and send it a project it receives all the patterns.

1 Like

Not very well, I might add.

Awesome! Can’t wait to install the update :slight_smile:slight_smile:

One thing though: When pressing [FUNC]+[TEMPO] Mute mode would get activated until [FUNC] was pressed again

I actually loved that secret combination, as it’s way quicker in live situations. I’ll send in a feature request for a substitute to this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I saw that I thought “DaveMech is gonna cry” (I’m the one that asked you about this a couple weeks ago)

Feature Request: Reintroduce Tap Tempo bug :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wait? How do you do this?

I was messing around with the sysex dump. Here are a few notes. Send and receive dont work so well with SysEx Librarian (which is weird) but they work fine with c6 (Elektron’s program for sysex). I was able to get a pattern exported and then imported to a different pattern slot which means its working. Pretty cool.

We can export Projects and Patterns and can import Patterns and Sounds…
Im assuming that is because the sysex dump page is still being worked on and we will eventually be able to send all 3 and receive all 3 or am I misunderstanding something?

As @Frenzies mentioned above, cause pattern receive keeps looking for the next message you send the entire project to it. It Takes waaaaay too long to export a project, but the good news is once you import it it loads everything and youre good to go!

Most importantly, what is the expected functionality for receiving a pattern? For example I send a pattern to my computer. Load a new project, and send the pattern from the first project back to the second project. Obviously this wont work (and it doesnt) because the sample slots are different. But i was expecting that this is where sounds would come in handy. Meaning, if i had set sounds to my tracks, it would automatically find them in the +Drive, and add them to the pattern. That doesnt work though. So, and im not complaining, what is the current expected usage of sending a pattern back into a project? Are we supposed to manually assign samples after weve imported a pattern or will this be fleshed out?

None the less its cool that this is working. Made me also think about how i could use sounds (which i never once looked into).

ps. i can’t enable turbo in Midi settings, nor can I change the first few, my guess is that would help with sending data faster no?

Haha :wink:

(https://xkcd.com/1172/)

:ecstatic:

I’m honestly a bit surprised - and impressed - to hear that someone found a good use for it though.

19 Likes

You can view the SysEx export as sort of “half” at the moment, it will be complete once Transfer has backup functionality.

2 Likes

I didn’t see anything mentioned, but any change to pattern-chaining?

1 Like

Awesome.

Overdrive seems to kick in harder straight away now, even at 0.01 there’s noticeable boost and distortion. I’m sure it was more subtle before the update

1 Like

Cool ! This is a nice update.
I prefer the knob behavior now, feels lot better.
Sound locks is a good thing to have. Memory use is something I had been waiting as well…
And most of all sysex dump, that was missed a lot.

Thanks for this update.

And it’s nice to learn there is more to come soon.
A good idea to deliver all this already.

4 Likes

Shit, I was about to go to sleep. You’re right : let’s test it ! Sounds awesome !!!

4 Likes

It’s much faster if you set the midi transmit to USB only, does a project in a few seconds.

3 Likes

It is definitely a massive volume boost now, just comparing kicks with and without overdrive that play next to each other in my live sets the overdriven ones are now so much louder.

It definitely needs a fix it goes from 0 to 100 now, no room for subtle boots

1 Like

NICE FIND! Makes an insane difference

Thanks for this response, knowing that a fix is on the way will allow me to plan accordingly. This is currently my #1 problem.

1 Like

nope. , not there , dont worry you havent missed it

edit … i was wrong. but

its a new midi parameter to set the fx channel separately to the internal and midi channels.
so i’d guess its for reverb , delay setting that are global and no longer need to be on auto channel ,

or something like that.
or maybe they forgot to remove it and it hints at an fx track … (cue internet going mad , conjecture , disappointment etc etc…).