Digitakt or Model:Samples+Model:Cycles?

Well I’ve chosen Samples+Cycles. It’s a hard question to answer though. I’ve purchased and plan to purchase more on top so It’s pretty irrelevant to you in reality, like I have a microgranny which can slice samples in a few ways and have unlimited length samples and adds another 6 voices, all which can be set up to different things entirely.

I think in general the Digitakt is a better starting point than the two smaller boxes, but obviously, you wan’t have a FM synth.

Even with just the samples it’s going to be a huge boost over what is easily done on a computer., if you’re doing more minimal techno/house or idm x that by 5/10

About skipping the idea on the MC+MS and going stright for the Digitak and later on get the Digitone.

Meanwhile I can use the 8 Midi tracks for sequencing and controlling 8 midi tracks i have set up in Live for vsti.
This was also a thing that maybe get here. To this point I’ve been writing melodies on clips in live and using m4l midi sequencer and devices to add probability to notes. This way I could get a static melody but also have random to make fills and add some interesting surprises to the moment which is something I’ve been playing with for many time and just love it.

Because we can use trigger conditions in the midi tracks, then I can take that huge amount of automation from live and run it through Digitakt’s sequencer.

I mostly work with u-He plugs which offer not just Program change (like most vsts) but also Bank changes. In the case of u-He plugs we can have up to 127 Banks each bank with 127 presets. Now add some P Locks to PC and BC in steps and you’ll end up with a universe of creative possibilites with a quick hands-on control at your fingertip.

1 Like

I was thinking about getting the Digitone but then I heard this.

That covers most of what I’d want to use it for, really nicely.

But in general, you can’t really go wrong if you get Digitakt and Digitone, you can always return them, or the other way around.

2 Likes

Plus one for the Digitakt
It was the machine that changed everything for me…and it breathed new life into my other midi enabled outboard synths / filters and fx…

This sounds like an argument for the Digitakt, actually.

The sounds at your disposal are what you can feed in. If you hear a trombone solo on Spotify that inspires you- feed that sucker in and have at it

1 Like