Digitakt or Analog Keys as master?

Hi
i will buy a Digitakt in the next months. I already have a Analog Keys and a Novation Peak. I‘d like to sequence the peak with the Digitakt.
Now i’m asking myself what would be the best way to set the whole thing up.
I read that most people recommend to set the Digitakt as the master and the AK as the slave. But i wonder what would be the benefits from that. The AK has a song mode what would be nice to have.
What do you lose when setting the AK as the master? Would it still be possible to sequence the peak with the digitakt?

Im pretty new to the elektron workflow but i really starting to love it since i spent some time with the AK Sequencer.

At the moment i sequence the peak via the midi out of the CV track of the AK but i miss the cc capability that the digitakt would have.
The separate AK audiochannels are going to Bitwig via USB and Overbridge.
The Peaks audio goes over the interface into Bitwig. I would like to have every separate audiochannel in bitwig for adding eq and other effects.

thanks in advance for every answer!

Yes.
AK MIDI OUT > Digitakt MIDI IN
Digitakt MIDI OUT > Peak MIDI IN

1 Like

Digitakt does BPM per pattern, right? Benefit with DT as master would be BPM per pattern.
No need to change manually.
Or wait…the recent firmware update brought tempo per pattern to A4/AK and Rytm…

Sorry, forgot that. I haven’t updated, yet. Have to backup all projects first…

Basically that was the reason why people recommended to use DT as master.

1 Like

Ah ok. i didn’t now that. So it makes sense to set the AK as the master.

I terms of connectivity
AK Midi Out -> DT Midi In
DT Midi Out -> Peak Midi In

Would this allow me to play all devices with the Keys of the AK and put notes into each sequencer?

Yes.

1 Like

I use the AK as a midi source for most of my gear. It’s a nice keybed, and it’s easy to change midi channel.

And, you’d always have it as a sample source for the Digitakt as well.

i thought that i could take another output of my audio interface to route it into the digitakt. so i could basically sample everything that runs through or in my daw.

thanks everyone! can’t wait to get the digitakt :slight_smile:

Can’t see why that would be a bad idea! :+1:

I also do a lot of quick free hand playing into the sampler then chop it up like edits style trackmaking.

Enjoy!