Digitakt note length effects portamento on the Minilogue XD... why?

Running into so many unexpected behaviours. I’m hoping it’s just me being a newb rather than a bug.

I have Auto Channel set to 1, in order to be able to record chords via MIDI from my Minilogue XD in Step Record mode (by holding a step down, and playing the chord via the MXD key board.

This records the chords, but not the length.

So I then change that steps length to the desired duration, but this somehow effects the MXDs portamento. Total break down.

I’m guessing this has to do with the fact that the Auto Channel is set to the channel, but I mean this surely is a bug?

Would be a real workflow killer if I have to jump into channel settings and turn auto channel on and off each time I want to step record.

Many thanks :pray:

Is the dt sequencer set to int only?
Can you disable sending cc from the mxd?

By the two way traffic it looks like the mxd portamento is the same cc as the Dt note length cc. And that is likely where your problem lies.

Also can you change the auto to something other than 1? Or is 1 needed because of the mxd?

1 Like

That helped! Thank you.
Into the next snag: the DT records velocity and keys played, But not the length, see the video below. Is this expected behaviour or maybe down to another parameter I need to set? Thanks again. https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/f/2fa76a0ee1a95549fef4af8fe7d08b6147ced156.MOV

Is the second problem still happening after changing the settings for the initial problem in this thread?

1 Like

@jefones Yes exactly. Honestly it’s working really well now it’s just length not being recorded is a bit of a killer.

One thing I figured out via this other thread is that length is only recorded during live recording. I’m hoping it’s not true though: Digitakt isn't recording the right sample length in live mode

Yeah length is only recorded in live record mode to my knowledge. Would be interesting if they let you hold a trig and then hold notes for a given time for length, but if might cause issues if you wanted it to act with a standard length, so in step mode you gotta dial in your desired length via the knob per step. If you wanted to make the work flow easier set the standard setting to the most common length and then lock the differing lengths you want throughout.

1 Like