Digitakt not saving

It’s been 2 years since I got it. Got a lots of trouble understanding it but everything where always smooth.

But sometimes I seems I lost what I’ve done. Even if I saved it with Func + Yes.
Not a big deal when I just jam on it with friends.

Lately I was beginning my live with all my synth. More than 5 hours of break-chopping and other arrangement is lost … Not a single pattern I made is there …

This shit can remember any fucking change, even the smallest, but not 5 hours of fucking work …
I’m disapointed and sad …

Edit : I forgot to add, for a 700 euros hardware that’s very hard to accept for me. All my other gears are way cheaper and are, de facto, better, cause when I save, its saved.
I really sad about this. Few days ago I was talking about how Elektron gears are great, even if sometimes workflow is a little stange. Now I have to learn specific workflow for a hardware I can’t fully trust.

I’m done …

I’d have contacted support right away.

2 Likes

[“But sometimes I seems I lost what I’ve done. Even if I saved it with Func + Yes.”]

function + yes is temporary save.
that’s a performance function, not for saving your work.

function + gear icon button is quick project save

2 Likes

If you’re saving and losing work, you might have a malfunctioning unit. I’ve never experienced this (with any Elektron device).

Losing work sucks, I agree. Sorry to hear that.

It seems like your done without even looking into what the actual problem might be. I could understand that sentiment if you asked for help and explored all avenues but that doesn’t seem like the case.

function + gear icon = save, not function + yes.

Hi everyone !

I’ve been busy, sorry for answering this late.

I understand what you all said. I miss my explaination in my first message.

I do know that to save your work, you got to save with Func+Gear. BUT. Your work is, in most cases as we can see, saved even without Func+Gear or Func+Yes. You can try at home, if you want. I’ve never rely on this features ! I was just pointing this out of frustration, that there is a features that as always work, that I tested after and do work, but not this time.
To end this, from the manual :
“The TEMPORARY PATTERN SAVE command will not save the pattern permanently and any changes you make will be lost if you load another project.”
I would like to emphasise the end : “any changes you make wil be lost if you load another project” So it do save.
Unlucky I guess ? I’m still on the 1.40A firmware. Could it be an obscure bug ? I don’t know.

Thanks to those who explain to me, again, how to properlly save my work.
I will try to contact support, like some of you said it. Hope my unit is still good for warranty, I don’t remember when I bought it.

I am on 1.40B and had something similar today.

Today I moved (not copied) some patterns from one bank B to bank C. I saved it, switched to another project and back to make sure it was saved. All fine!

Within the same project, I start recording samples in bank B. Created a pattern with the fresh kit and saved it.
Then, when sampling another kit, the DT locked up with a text “loading” and a constant tone! Nothing responded anymore and had to reboot the DT.
Turns out the pattern moves, project saves, saved samples and new patterns had all be disappeared! It was in the same state as I started today, even the removed pattern on bank B where back.

So I like to know what is going on.