Digitakt modding 2022

Thanks to the users of old who posted their digitakt battery mods that I used as inspiration. Here is my Takt with 21700 battery pack and Bluetooth sampling. The BT audio quality is surprisingly punchy for the cheapish chip I used. Switch on the top added to turn BT sampling on and off. Next goal is to try adding a daisy seed in and midi connect for polysynth capabilities!

21 Likes

So it is Bluetooth audio in from usb?

Bluetooth audio in wired straight to the input jacks, no USB.

1 Like

How’d you secure it? It’s not just flopping around willy nilly is it?

Nice. I’ve been thinking about adding SOMETHING to the input jacks but haven’t made a move yet.

1 Like

Haha it is on a funny angle but the wires are very rigid and most parts are taped down. I am not gonna completely cable manage it until phase two for the daisy seed is done.

1 Like

Do you already have a plan for the integration of the daisy seed? Talking about polysynth, I suspect you plan a set and forget set up with a seed plugged to midi output of the Digitakt? I am super curious, I was looking at the patch.init() and daisy subpatch lately.

2 Likes

Yes I’m currently researching what I need. The trickiest part I believe will be full midi implementation so that all settings can be adjusted through the takt. The audio out and power looks straight forward. I think I will use a VA synth patch I’ve seen in the daisy forums. I think you can even have multi timbral patches which would be cool.

1 Like

any modding done to the M:S? just curious.

I can emagine maybe some aesthetic mods,

1 Like

There’s the pad mod for the Models, aka putting some thick tape under the pads. It doesn’t make them Akai nice, but I haven’t had any dropped hits since

1 Like

That’s so dope.

1 Like

Update: added the daisy seed with midi and audio out, turns on with a power switch out the top io panel. Now to flash with a polysynth patch, either pollen8 or OPD VASynth projects.

6 Likes

Dafuq!!! Really nice!

1 Like

Can you please share which batteries you are using?

1 Like

Samsung 21700 50e I believe!

1 Like

Thanks! 3 or 6 of those?

Adding a WIDI BT adapter would be awesome too.

3 runs everything for a while!