Digitakt MK2 - Your Suggestions?

all i would really like to see is per track compression routing and also per track sidechaining possibilities. maybe being able to cue pattern changes. besides that i like the limitations

I think it’s more likely that Elektron will come out with a new bigger flagship sampler in a few years that combines the simplicity of the Digitakt and the Model:Sample with the complexity of the Octatrack, but in a new way that makes a lot more sense somehow. But who knows? I might be wrong :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This was the original intention, sure. But no one expected the amazing workflow improvement this design decision lead to. At least not in the first place. Elektron took a step back to create the fundament for an entirely new era of machines that are so simple while being so powerful at the same time! Its not surprising that we all have wishes for things to build on top of this fundament now :wink:

1 Like

Well said. I do however hope that a new mega sampler/workstation is introduced.
However, that would be more like an OT meets the Rytm in my mind and dreams.

But if a DT mk2 where to come out I would want:

Stereo sampling (just don’t make much sense for a drum sampler though, unless you want to sample wide hats and claps of course)

Significantly more storage space.

A second lfo per track (could be done with an upgrade)

Bandpass filter (same)

Velocity sensitive pads.

Timestretch (But only if it sounds good)

So I guess this becomes a sort of different beast than a Digitakt or an Octatrack. Something in between. But then it should also have something new that neither of them have. Maybe amongst other things it could have digital drum synth engines that a lot of people have craved for. This will step a foot inside the AR realm somehow with the pads and the sampling.

Ability to name CC knobs on screen

3 Likes
  1. Stereo Channels
  2. Song Mode
  3. Midi Sequencer improved (like an MPC)

:pray:

then I can finally drop my DAW

1 Like

Yes, make a big box takt/tone, songmode, timestretching and stereo sampling. And add 4 lanes input and a crossfader for scene action.
And please name it Digidigi or Taktone.

2 Likes

have you tried the keith mcmillen quneo?
i actually have it hooked up to control the digitakt(most of the time), but haven’t used the aftertouch features yet.
you would need a midi usb host if you want to use it without a computer of course.

I think many of those ideas for a mk2 could be implemented in a firmware update for mk1. I would very much like to have a second LFO per track, and the option to configure MIDI tracks as “internal” to do the MIDI loopback trick without the cable (this would also mean that you can use the MIDI LFOs to modulate reverb, delay, compressor, mixer, etc).

As for a mk2, I think what makes most sense in my mind is to upgrade the hardware: more storage capacity and more processing power. Currently the DT is running at almost full capacity, but with more processing power it could have more audio tracks (perhaps 16), a second filter per track, and more effects.

2 Likes

Keep it black.

4 Likes

Add a granular synthesis engine. (AR has two dco’s right?)

Another lfo would be very nice.

Plus plus drive=2gb. Or a super plus drive=1tb

More ram while we’re at it.

Add modern Percussion synthesis machines (throwback to MD)

Or just make a MD mk3 and call it digitakt mk2. :woozy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Various chromatic scale styles - I’d have thought could do on the mk1?

crossfader, scenes, recorder trigs :wink:

24 Bit 96 hz sampling external hard drive more fx.

Yes please :raising_hand_man:t2:

• Stereo Channels
  • Better file management system
  • SD card slot to expand library/transfer files easy
  • Larger internal storage
  • USB C port w/iOS app to transfer files from phone to Digitakt
  • Slice sample across buttons (like Octatrack)
  • Bigger screen/UI improvements (streamline the workflow even more!!)
  • Battery option (AA or AAA)
  • Velocity on buttons
  • Song Mode

Just a few ideas…

2 Likes

I think it’s safe to say the current dark trinity has been pushing well above their weight in sales (digitone/digitakt in particular), I think once Elektron releases their “halo” product we’ll see new and significant software/hardware updates to top selling models. A revamped DT would be welcomed (I think Akai mpc-1000), but I think we’ll see a lot of our requested features in a whole new product first (that said, I was completely surprised by the digikey release, so it’s definitely possible for Elektrons to release a DT 2).

Slice mode would probably sell me on the DT. Internal batteries would make it a no-brainer.

1 Like

UW resampling.
neighbour tracks.
slices.
modulatable fx parameters.
more lfo’s.

2 Likes