Digitakt MK2 - Your Suggestions?

Do you have these? No, it’s not. I have both. The Octatrack is another beast. Honestly, for sampling, the digitakt is just so much more fun and instant.

Well said, I don’t understand why people are getting all bunched up on this. Of course, there’s going to a mk2 of some sort. It may be a couple years, or whatever, but this is an Internet forum for just this sort of thing. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

great tip, thanks for sharing.

Multiple assignable effects
External storage

1 Like

I think you’re more than safe picking it up. It’s supported with Overdrive 2.0 when/if ever it comes out. And, there’s a huge support community for it.

Grab it.

I just bought an iPhone.
Apple better not ever release a new one, I’ll be pissed

6 Likes

Why tempo multiplier isn’t in actual os ?!

1 Like

if elektron will release mk2 without time stretch and zoom, its be no fun flout :crazy_face:

Ideally, for plain ux mk2 must have new interface helpers for zoom as minimum, and backward compatibility in firmware for mk1 :hugs:

community will happily throw bundles of money for new devices, and old ones will go into the hands of new less experienced users :vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I can read you… With my iphone 3

1 Like

Wasn’t the original tag line for Digitakt along the lines of “Elektron’s most affordable product” with a focus of the DT being the gateway into Elektron. With that in mind, there is no chuffing way they are bringing out a DT2 with significant changes! DT is meant to be simple. It knowingly lacks functions. We might get some firmware magic appear once OB lands - someone made a great shout up the chain on voice stealing polyphony which would be fantastic - but I don’t see anything other than OT2-esque second iteration.

I do however, see a future sampler in Elektron’s future. What that looks like or how it functions is where the fun guessing games lie.

because it is easier to discuss the development of something else, than about your own development.

1 Like

Simple, give it all the OT features with more RAM, kits, sample polyphony, more than 2 octaves of pitch, more I/O, and some MachineDrum synthesis options. BAM, best box Elektron will ever release.

1 Like

No hate here, it’s all just speculation. It just doesn’t seem likely for the reason I mentioned, and AH mk II wasn’t a complete surprise considering they’ve upgraded all the other boxes. More likely they’ll keep expanding the sampler/sequencer format and we’ll see a totally new product that follows the new styling already laid down by the Mk II boxes. But thats just my opinion man :slight_smile:

1 Like

The question is to know if today with an update we can find a digitakt MK2
Has enough power to make updates such as slice mode,zoom performer, ans with how much update

Not many people can answer it;Me included

its still a cult classic and the tb303 still sells

can you guys see the genius that is Elektron Products ,we dont want the company to go mainstream like korg or roland

2 Likes

The brand is already mainstream

Experienced and beginner users make the brand’s popularity like Korg and Roland
Also Interfaces on Korg and Rolande machines did not allow regular updates

For that the performance was not accomplished
The limits been pushed back on two levels:
1 The musical performances of the artist
2 The compulsive succession of models

Today with an electron machine we do not know its limits with the updates
And… we are waiting like Chicken chick at the slaughterhouse for the updates…

I’m just home making beats.

what i really mean is like roland releasing gimmicky gear and also korg

1 Like

• pressure sensitive pads (same size would be cool) or a small standalone MIDI drum pad tablet, borrowing from the Elektron Analog RYTM
• SD card reader or USB3.0 thumb drive reader for transferring and or saving sounds directly to the thumb drive
• variable bit depth (2-bit, 8-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit) sample rates, etc.
• non-aliasing filter on/off
• A stereo analog filter (for master output)